Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Posts rather than Views, "New" folders, Bookmarks

Quote Reply
Posts rather than Views, "New" folders, Bookmarks
1. I prefer seeing Total Posts rather than Total Views.

Total Views doesn't mean that anything has been added. Frown

2. I really miss the pink folders to indicate New additions to all threads "...since your last visit". Frown

3. I wish we had something like a widgetz' MyLinks for tracking our Favorite Threads. Smile

Ciao-ski Wink

Quote Reply
Re: Posts rather than Views, "New" folders, Bookmarks In reply to
Hi,

1. Right beside total views is Replies. This is number of posts in the thread.

2. You'll notice that the icons on the far right, new threads have a red dot in them.

3. Good idea! For now, you'll need to use your bookmarks/favorites.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Posts rather than Views, "New" folders, Bookmarks In reply to
1. I've been in several threads that I know have new content, but darn if I can find Replies next to Views.

Let's say that I enter the Links 2.0 Customization Forum. Here are the headings that I get:

SUBJECT POSTER VIEWS LAST POST

Then, when I enter a thread, here are the headings:

LINKS 2.0 CUSTOMIZATION VIEWS LAST POST

I'm not finding any REPLIES heading anywhere. The only reference to Replies that I have found is at the very top of the Forum's directory.

2. I also have been in several threads that I know have new content, but I haven't found any red dots anywhere - not in the subject list or threads.

3.Yeah, been using Favorites, but a cookie thing would be great. You get so many folders in Favs after a while...

I use the Flat mode as default. Don't know if this is a factor in why I'm not seeing the features you mentioned.

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: Posts rather than Views, "New" folders, Bookm In reply to
If you're using the flat view, click on the -Collapse button in the upper right hand corner...that should collapse the threads and give you the "Replies" column just to the right of the "Posts" column. It will also place a "new" image beside the number of replies if there are new replies. The little red dot shows up in the little folder to the left of the thread title.

Melanie
http://www.somemoorecats.com/
http://www.okhima.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Posts rather than Views, "New" folders, Bookm In reply to
Thanks, Melanie.