Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Paul's PM Block Plugin

Quote Reply
Paul's PM Block Plugin
I would like to recommend Paul's PM Block plugin for inclusion into GT's support forum.

I think it is the best think since sliced bread, as it can help reduce problems between certain people, and a bonus for those who prefer to keep support out in the open, but still message between a handful of people.

In my case, I don't have anyone in particular I would like to block, but I may use it on my own forum as a means of keeping conversation out in the open.

Nice one Paul, I hope GT likes it too.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Paul's PM Block Plugin In reply to
Hi,

I've been struggling with these requests (as I have had requests for Karma and Poll plugin to be added). The main issue is that a lot of people use these forums to preview what Gossamer Forum can do, and by adding a commercial plugin to this forum, it may mislead a lot of users (i.e. hey your forum has a poll, how come mine doesn't).

It may work with the proper disclaimers, but I'm not sure yet.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Paul's PM Block Plugin In reply to
But on the other hand perhaps people would say "I was going to buy VBulletin as it has polls and I didn't think GForum did, but now I've seen GForum's poll plugin I've changed my mind" Wink

FYI I didn't ask Ian to make this post Smile

Last edited by:

Paul: Sep 5, 2002, 10:24 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Paul's PM Block Plugin In reply to
True, as long as it's clear that they are going to need to pay extra for it, and not say "Hey, where is my poll feature? What, I need to pay another 40 for it?!". =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Mine are free Angelic
Quote Reply
I think as long as the demo version of Links SQL is "as it comes" then it may not be that much of an issue. Seeing what Links SQL can do with its plug-ins is also a good selling point.

Maybe a disclaimer on the login screen, and even on each poll would eliminate any doubt. The same could apply to Paul's plug-in.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Paul's PM Block Plugin In reply to
GForum :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Paul's PM Block Plugin In reply to
ooops, thats what I meant.Blush

I have so much on my mind right now