Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

New Resources Area: SQLWidgets.com

Quote Reply
New Resources Area: SQLWidgets.com
Due to the new partnership between PugDog and myself, we have started to bring out our new sites Cool

http://www.sqlwidgets.com

If you have a global that you would like to submit there, please feel free. If you would like to suggest a category to add, please email andy@ultranerds.com, and I'll get it added for you :)

This site will be designated to;

LinksSQL (2.1.2 and 2.1.3)
Gossamer Forum (>1.8)
Links 2
Gossamer Community

If you have any mods/globals etc that you would like to submit, please do it through the 'add' link at the top of all the pages. Don't be too worried about the formatting of it, as I will be validating all entries, and cleaning them up :)

I'm hoping that this will be a bit more successful than Paul and Andy's (the other one) attempts.

If you are interested in becoming an Editor, please let me know. The more people we have to help maintain this site, the better for the general GT community, cos it will be up to date Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] New Resources Area: SQLWidgets.com In reply to
This is going to replace the LinksFAQ and PUGDocs, and a whole bunch of other stuff too.

Eventually, maybe, even an on-line help manual, interactive documentation for Links.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] New Resources Area: SQLWidgets.com In reply to
Wow, I see a lot of pages and big plans. Looks very promising. It would be nice if you kept the other products as well... certainly no must and probably not your main focus but could be interesting anyway...

Regards

N || i k o
Quote Reply
Re: [el noe] New Resources Area: SQLWidgets.com In reply to
Thanks Cool

Quote:
It would be nice if you kept the other products as well

Not quite sure what you mean?

We will obviously be adding more mods/globals/plugins etc in here. Although we will try and 'bump start' the site with a couple of hundreds globals/modifications/plugins etc, we still need the help of the general community to submit globals they find useful :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] New Resources Area: SQLWidgets.com In reply to
Hi Andy,

de nada or your welcome. I already mentioned that I do appreciate very much what both of you do. What I meant was: there is no root category for all GT Products and so I was thinking you focus on GC, LSQL and GForum.

Regards

N || i k o
Quote Reply
Yeah, Gossamer Forum, LinksSQL and Gossamer Community will be our main areas. If time permits, and the submissions for these categories are good; then we may even add one for Links2 :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
The problem is time.

If someone wants to be an editor and maintain another area, we can work something out.

This project is designed to take the "load" off of GT, and provide an additional resource to the user community.

One goal is to eventually comb the forums here, pulling out all the tidbits that have been posted, as well as pointers to message threads of interest (some threads have more than one possible solution for a problem).

The more people who get involved with this sort of project, the bigger/better it can become. No one is expert -- or interested -- in everything, especially with products so diverse. For example, even though GMail and GForum use the same core code, they have incredibly complex templates (making full use of the power of the template parser) compared to Links SQL. More modifications exist for Links SQL, possible because of that (or because of so many more users <G>). But, exploring the mysteries of the complex templates is one thing we hope to do more of.

So, getting back to the other issue, if someone wants to support mods to Links 2.0, there is possibly a years worth of work for 2 or 3 people to collect and organize the data, code snippets, and such that have been posted into the forums. It's a Herculean task, at best <G>

*BUT* if there is interest, we'll adapt the software -- and if necessary, install non-GT software -- to get the site working, and providing the information that people want/need as quickly as possible. There are a lot of good open-source projects out there, for information organization, and it's no "shame" to use one to organize this site if necessary -- or additionally. The downside is, that they don't use the same template parser.... Also, they seem to be moving more towards a "blog" or "slashdot" format, which is somewhat chaotic compared to the organization imposed by Links. Both have their benefits, but I really like "organized" <G>

The other formats have usefulness for time-related news. This sort of project is long-term, so the best indexing/search system is what is most important. The "news" system would be a "fun" addition to the basic/core functionality.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.