Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

How about a Job/Resume posting & Searching Prog from GT

Quote Reply
How about a Job/Resume posting & Searching Prog from GT
Hi,

It just occurred to me. With all the necessary inputs already at hand, it would be a great idea and a product to the product portfolio of GT.... The following:

Jobs Posting/ Resume Posting From GT incorporating few essentials for such a utility:

Jobs posting only be registered Subscribers to the service. (PPl won't mind paying for quality service now that slowly things are moving away from Free!!!! concept... probably because of those Irritating Banners failed to generate the necessary revenue). provision of setting (by user and over-ride by admin) the expiry period.

The Subscriber has to pay for the same on tearly baisis so a provision of online registyration, online automated mails for renewals, deactivation of accounts in case of non renewal, (something like setting soft limit, hard limit and grace in fstab Wink )

Resume Posting by Just about anyone including provision of uploading PP size photograph (upper limit set by admin on the size of image file).

Automated matching of Jobs Vs Resume in database. Also emailing of both the parties concerned with the necessary infomation links.

Any great functional utility which can be generated by putting together the scripts/ tools already with GT.

A professional search utility.

A professional Match the Criteria type of utility.

The output of creative team members of GT.

And above all, the pricing should not defy the GT objective basically. Keeping it to be sub 350 USD range would be just about OK.

With suitable modifications and spicing it up, the same can have a DATING / I am a M/W looking for a W/M programs.

So any work taken up by GT in this direction could basically give two products:

Jobs/ Resume

Dating/ Matrimonial

Just a wierd idea put in B&W for GT to think about....
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] How about a Job/Resume posting & Searching Prog from GT In reply to
Customize LINKS SQL or DBMAN SQL...done it in my site...simply matter of editing template files and adding some credit card processing plugins.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] How about a Job/Resume posting & Searching Prog from GT In reply to
Hi,

True maybe.

But my fanaticism for GT's addiction towards perfection would definitely prevent me from touching their codes and create a derivative(s) out of it Wink.

Thnx

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: May 30, 2002, 10:40 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] How about a Job/Resume posting & Searching Prog from GT In reply to
Uh...ya don't have to "touch their code"...simply edit the templates to display the data that is meaningful for you. And if you need extra functionality, add it via plugins, which doesn't screw with the internal codes of the GT scripts.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me