Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Great New Site!

Quote Reply
Great New Site!
Great job, Alex! I like the new forums and also the better description of forums...hopefully, it will help people to post questions and comments in the appropriate forums.

I also like the hacked features of WWW Threads...seems faster as well...Let me guess...you are using MySQL rather than a flat file system to store data?

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
Web: http://www.anthrotech.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Great New Site! In reply to
Absolutely!

Love the forum changes. Any chance you'll make this available to others who're desperately looking for UBB alternatives?

Quote Reply
I would like to express my happiness with the new site too.
Itīs really beautifull and organized.
ALso this forum is much better than the old one.

Thanks Alex!

Quote Reply
It's been awhile since I followed WWWThreads, but I don't see anything here that looks significantly different than the distribution version, which is MySQL based.

I agree that the new look and logo are nice, but I'm a little bothered by the height of the top black graphic. Until you scroll down the page, it feels like you're stuck in a bad frame setup, although the forum has a much better sized graphic than the rest of the site (takes up nearly half the page at 800x600)... The links could easily be moved up into the grey area, cutting the height in half. Also, you probably already know this, but the mouseOver's on those links don't work on all the pages (forum?).

Dan

Quote Reply
Thanks! Yes, everything is in Mysql now. =)

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I'm running a stock version of WWWThreads, and this _IS_ well modified! I wish I had the time/ability to do something like this.

I do agree the logo at the top is a bit large for the FORUM, if that was the only consideration. In over all site design, it does lend a very professional air to the whole place.

One thing I would really like to see, is MORE LINES and COLUMNS in the "POST" box for inputting messages. THere are limitations in HTML, but making it at least 15 lines and 80 columns would make it a lot easier to enter code and other things.

(of course, right after posting that, I went to edit-profiles, and was able to make those changes <G>)