Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

GMail license

Quote Reply
GMail license
Hi Alex,

I have a question regarding the GMail upgrade policy mentioned here. Does the $175 also go for your customers who have the 2.x.x-Upgrade license? I seem to remember a correspondence either on the forum or via e-mail that those of us who purchased v.1 had lifetime upgrades? Similar to the pre v.3 LinksSQL license mentioned here. That was one of the reasons we purchased prior to v.2 if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately I cannot find the forum thread or an e-mail correspondence at this time. Maybe I'm mistaken – It’s be a long time?

Thanks,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] GMail license In reply to
Hi Charlie,

I think you are referring to the addition of a domain limit from 1.x to 2.x. In 1.x there were no limits on the number of domains you could receive email on, but in 2.x we added a limit and the three different versions. We grandfathered all existing 1.x users to allow them to keep the unlimited domains. This is still true with v3.

The only product that had free lifetime upgrades was Gossamer Links, and we dropped that with v3.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] GMail license In reply to
Hello,

Would V2.x ever be unsupported forcing a upgrade?
Just enquiring to be prepared for future.

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] GMail license In reply to
Hi,

While all new development will goto v3, we don't have any plans to stop supporting version 2 (we still support version 1).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.

Last edited by:

Alex: Dec 19, 2005, 6:43 PM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I think you are referring to the addition of a domain limit from 1.x to 2.x. In 1.x there were no limits on the number of domains you could receive email on, but in 2.x we added a limit and the three different versions. We grandfathered all existing 1.x users to allow them to keep the unlimited domains. This is still true with v3.

Ahh, that was it. Thank you for clearing that up.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hi,

While all new development will goto v3, we don't have any plans to stop supporting version 2 (we still support version 1).

Cheers,

Alex

Hi,

It seems that bugs which would not cause a system crash will no more be fixed in V2.X. Other than system crash, all other bugs would be non critical in V 2.X so left untouched so that in case a fix is needed, upgrade is the only solution. Am i right to think in this direction?

Thanks
HyTC
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.