Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

GLinks suggestions

Quote Reply
GLinks suggestions
Hi,

Ok, this is what I would like to see in new version of GLinks:

1. AlertPay as new payment gateway

2. Better Search Logs management. Maybe as separate menu because this is important for web directory. I would like to see improved deleting of logs, searching logs, viewing logs by day, month or year, forbidding some words to log in database etc.

3. Better Newsletter management. Now you must click on + for every category to send newsletter to that category. If you have many categories this is very paintfull. Better would be just like one link "Send newsletter" and then script would go through each category and send emails to that users.

4. Better editor browsing management. You cannot translate editor side of script, browser.cgi because it's like part of admin. Maybe editors should have different templates from admin browser.cgi so it be easily be changed. Maybe to be part of Luna templates

That is for now. If I remember something else will write it down. Wink

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] GLinks suggestions In reply to
DeadMan wrote:

4. Better editor browsing management. You cannot translate editor side of script, browser.cgi because it's like part of admin. Maybe editors should have different templates from admin browser.cgi so it be easily be changed. Maybe to be part of Luna templates

I second that.

How about adding a feature where Editor can simply have 'edit' option next to all links within their category in normal view (if dynamic). So in other words, editor will actually be using the same interface as the site design and link owners - however admin/designer can add few more tags, that will allow editors to browse the site like normal person, but also give ability to edit listings from there.

Doing so, gives admin complete control on what options will be available for editors to edit. As many a times, admin would not want editors to be able to edit hits, rating, or some times the listings might have some information that should not be even displayed to editors - and such template structure can give admin total control.

In addition, by creating new table in user group, admin can also give editors different rights, for example, 2 levels of editors, where one can edit cost of the listing, expiry date, and other custom options, while junior editors can only edit description or other basic information as part of their job.

Ofcourse the benefits of this feature are far beyond the scope of what is mentioned above. So allowing admin to give editor custom designed interface, would be an extremely important feature.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] GLinks suggestions In reply to
Another idea.

5. Pagerang system for Glinks. Something like Google but with own formula. Type of formula is for discussing.

Regards.

UnReal Network