Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Download Center Ideas

Quote Reply
Download Center Ideas
Hi GT!

I was recently reviewing the download center and had some ideas that may help all parties.

1. Show the version data via link:
1.00 to 1.01
These are the changes
1.01 to 1.02
These are some more changes

2. Add an active link called SUPPORT
Make the link either go to their support forum, their FAQ section on the plugin, their contact page on their website or make the link an active email link that shows it came from X user in the GT download center.

3. Show all prices for a single license in BOLD easy to read print. Currently not all for sale plugins even show a price.

4. A link for all warranty and support data such as:
7 days free Phone support, 30 days free email support, unlimited forum support, phone and email support outside free support windows at X per hour.

5. Show required version information such as:
Requires 2.01 Links SQL
Unix, Linux or Windows

With this kind of information available the developer would get less questions up front and less support requireemnts after the fact. And with this kind of data the user can make an educated decision prior to downloading and installing a plugin.

The other part I think is critical is USER FEEDBACK. Buyers and users alike should be able to leave comments for others to read about a specific plugin. Ratings would be good as well.

Just some ideas to streamline the process from the user side as well as the developer side. I also think that this will cut down on the noise at GT relative to plugin support requests.

Just a thought!Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Download Center Ideas In reply to
Another idea may be to have them under 2 seperate categories. Fee and Free Plugins. That way they could all be in one area, so if you don't want to pay money for a plugin, you can just go straight to the free ones Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Download Center Ideas In reply to
I go with Andy on this too. The other day for the fun of it, I ran through the plugins for LinksSQL and had to actually which were free and those that were not.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Download Center Ideas In reply to
Andys' idea is good as well.

But I think that first of all making sure that all PAY plugins have a price and FREE state FREE is a good start!Tongue
Quote Reply
Blush ugh, doh Blush

Yep you're right! Angelic

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Hi!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll at implementing a good number of them in the plugin download system.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.