Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Discussion :

Did I get your email?

Quote Reply
Did I get your email?
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I think this needs to be checked out.

Has anyone sent me an email, and not got a reply? If so, please let me know on this thread (or PM me)., I'm trying to work out where some of my emails keep disapearing too. Its quite annoying, and is costing me a lot in lost work :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Did I get your email? In reply to
Update;

If you don't seem to be getting my replies, and you are using McAfee Virus scan, please read the below.

McAfee seems to be messing up the 'receiving' of emails (chances are I did get your email, but you didn't get my reply). Then go into task manager and manually kill mc* processes.

Sorry for the inconveniece.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
You too!

Amazing how they did that. My mail chokes on download, and never downloads. Have to kill off all the MC* processes and then try again. Then have to remember to restart the virus scanner

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
One of the main reasons why I dumped McAfee back in November 2003, now using AVG 7.0 Professional by Grisoft for email AV protection. But I also still use MailWasher Pro, which deletes out 99% of the bad emails before viewing them in Outlook. ;)
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Did I get your email? In reply to
I find Nortons quite good. Been running it over a year, and appart from a minor setup problem (duplicated itself in my startup file),its been running fine ever since :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Yes I sent some, but never got a reply.

Kim
PilotWebsites.com
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I find Nortons quite good. Been running it over a year, and appart from a minor setup problem (duplicated itself in my startup file),its been running fine ever since :)

Cheers

I don't like Norton AV , there were a lot of problems receiving mails with OE 5 and NAV 2002, and NAV 2003. I had to stop mail checking function before receiving emails,
Now i use F-prot
Quote Reply
Re: [john_drake] Did I get your email? In reply to
And to proove that - did you hear about the major incompatibility with norton AV and XP SP2?
Quote Reply
Re: [john_drake] Did I get your email? In reply to
Wonder if that has anything to do with M$ purchase of http://ravantivirus.com
You never know.... Its all about the difference between science and witchcraft...Wink

HyTC