Community

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Community In reply to
>>
Actually, Alex, himself, stated how things are done at GT
<<

I think it was a staff member that explained to Paul also, or so he told me.

>>
that still doesn't address the issue of why they are enhancing current products, while letting other very important and higher demand products go undeveloped for a long period of time.
<<

Sorry...I thought the post above did answer that Pirate
Quote Reply
Because Alex is developing it and he has limited time to devote to it due to vendor projects, etc...

I am sure it will be available sooner than you guys think. In the meanwhile, maybe questions about the upcoming product would be good use for this thread rather than dogging GT for delays in the release of community and the timing of upgrades to other products.

As well, maybe the thought should shift to upgrades in other products being needed to match up with the community plugin. I am sure that Links SQL, GT Forum, and Gmail will all need to be in sinc with the release of community.

So give them a break guys. Thanks!Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlPod] Community In reply to
Well, it was Alex who first posted it, and then Paul reiterated that fact.

I think you missed the point in the other threads and your previous thread didn't really address it, IMO.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Community In reply to
Good points.

However, I think that they should at least release a BETA (if they have the common libraries already stable, then it seems like logical sense that they can move forward on developing and testing the product).
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Frown
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I read something somewhere (by Paul) that ...

You mean to say, "I posted this information under the username Paul ..."

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Community In reply to
Hi Alex,

(repost of earlier question relative to community)

If a person has both Links SQL and GT Forum (and maybe even GMail) and currently has a userbase in both (some crossed over), will community combine the bases and somehow filter out the duplicate email addresses and inform the user of either GT Forum or Links SQL that they only have ONE username now and that the other one that they were using has been terminated?

Is this done with a pecking order such as:
First Choice: X Program
If present then check remaining programs for email and delete accounts
If none then...
Second Choice: Y Program
If none then...
Third Choice: Z Program
If none then...
Registration Page - Community

This of course is relative to the merging of the bases only and that any new user would automatically go to the Community sign up after the merge was complete.

I can see this happening on my application and I am sure that others will also.

As well, will the sessions be controlled by community and will community have a better session manager than Links SQL?

Currently Links SQL does not drop the session after X time of inactivity. So when viewing all users logged in it shows everyone that ever logged in and did not log out.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Community In reply to
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I read something somewhere (by Paul) that ...

You mean to say, "I posted this information under the username Paul ..."
lol. This is funny stuff.

Last edited by:

giovanni: Aug 22, 2002, 8:37 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [giovanni] Community In reply to
Especiallly when people who have shown a dislike to you in the past don't know who you are and make polite replies....quite amusing how much difference a name makes Laugh

Last edited by:

PerlPod: Aug 22, 2002, 8:42 AM
Quote Reply
Lol. I would keep it quiet if I were you. Very amusing tho' while it lasted. Good stuff.
Quote Reply
Man...you can't keep the same name for more than a month, can you? Laugh

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Community In reply to
Wow, you guys have a pretty good fire going. Let me add some fuel to it!

I have had my project on hold for almost a year now as a result of the community script not being available. I am willing to wait yet another year if need be. I am not a paying customer yet as I only downloaded the scripts to give me a chance to become familiar with them and really find out if they can do what I need. The good news is that GT scripts are much more than I could ever need. The truth is that I knew that I needed the community script before I knew that there was even such a thing being considered.

Programming is not easy nor quick. As most of you know, just adding a couple of mods that are already written can keep you planted in front of your computers for days just trying to tweek the script for your needs. But if you feel that writing a whole script that has the ability to play well with all of the other scripts and securely manage all of log in and user needs, while maintaining the upgrade and expandablity properties GT scripts have always offer is taking too long, then I suggest that you attempt to write your own script to do the job. I tried and 10 months later I'm still waiting on the community script.

As far as other scripts being updated, not only is each project headed up by a different staff member, it is much easier and less time consuming to modify (update) an existing script than to write a new script from scratch. That why each of the 7 or so GT scripts has 10 or more mods available for it.

By the way, Alex has emailed and posted updates regarding the script so please stop asking. If he's busy replying to the same old questions about the script, then he's not working on the program is he!

Alex, if you happen to read this, please take your time and get it right the first time. Only give the beta to a few select people who know what they are doing, that way when the final script is released, nobody will have anything to bitch about. That should make the forum pretty quiet for a while.
beetlemanTongue

Marcus L. Griswold
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Community In reply to
In Reply To:
It would be greatly appreciated if someone from GT could give some official information on this. Thank you

better if someone from GT would make an official release - announcement for the community-plugin!

Wink

i am looking forward to this for nearly a full year now !

Crazy

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] Community In reply to
Me too.

Will it come today? Next week? Next month? Next year? Or in 2004?

No comment from GT.

So we definetly will have to cancel our project if there is no chance to get more information about the time frame or costs. We cannot wait until 2004.

That's not very professional from my point of view.

Matt
Classical music on the net: http://www.klassik.com

Last edited by:

Brahms: Sep 11, 2002, 3:04 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Community In reply to
I very wonder about the silence from GT about this 'one of the most viewn thread' on this board.

There is only an older thread with more views, it's the helpdesk discussion (maybe also important for the users).

You should give any informations, so that people can develop their projects, instead of waiting and waiting, and stepping on the same place. I have this frustrating situation since on year.

Nobody (about that I'm not sure) would be angry if you tell that community can't be realize because of programming or something else, but don't let people wait for nothing.

Be realistic and fair! Tell us if it comes next week, next month, next year, or in 2 years, or never.

--
Michael Skaide

http://www.cycle24.de

Quote Reply
Re: [Sir Up] Community In reply to
Hi!

From the business point of view, this would be the best situation to launch a new product, a secure sale of product, since a vacuum of demand is there.

Look from this point of view. So if there is a demand, flow with the winds. The best way to make money out of it.
> >