Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
qmail help needed
I currently have qmail setup to handle our bulk mailings for our opt-in lists. I am looking for a QMAIL EXPERT to solve some problems that we have been having.

Our system works as follows:

1) We upload the email addresses into a file called .qmail
2) We then SSH in and enter the following command to have the list send:
cat message.txt | qmail-inject
3) Qmail then sends the bulk message to an email address on our own mail server.
4) Then the message is BCC to the rest of the database.

Here is where we run into the problem:

Bounce backs are sometimes, but not always, sent back to the email address that we sent from,
and those bounce backs are then sent to the entire mailings list.

Here is what I need from you:

1 ) A way for us to prevent bounce backs from EVER being sent to anyone on the list.

2) We want all bounce backs to be placed in one file. We want the email addresses of all of our bounced email messages to be placed within one .txt file along with the reason why the delivery failed.

Please give us a quote along with a date you can have this completed by, the sooner the better. We can give you all of the necessary login information within several hours of when you give us your quote.

If you can do this job well, quickly, and at a fair price, we will contract you out as a long-term contractor.

Thank you,
Joe Soltis
President of YourBizz.com, Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [yourbizz] qmail help needed In reply to
No offence but I just looked at your site and all the claims that it is "anti-spam" bulk mailing makes me think the exact opposite.

What is the difference between "spam-free" bulk email marketing and spam?

Your site also claims that you bypass blocks that ISP's have in place. That would suggest your email is spam otherwise why would it get blocked?

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 22, 2003, 5:16 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] qmail help needed In reply to
First of all we have been in business since 1997 providing spam free, opt-in bulk email services. We have been advertising that on our web page very blatently almost 7 years now. We have never been sued. That should be enough of a testament to you.

What is the difference between "spam-free" bulk email marketing and spam?

Our service is spam free. Meaning our subscribers agreed to receive email from us and our clients, and if they ask to be removed, we remove them. We log the IP address, email address, and web address of everyone on our mailing lists.

Spam is unsolicited email. Meaning subscribers DID NOT agree to receive email, and people are not removed when they asked to be.

Your site also claims that you bypass blocks that ISP's have in place. That would suggest your email is spam otherwise why would it get blocked?

When you are the largest provider of opt-in bulk email services on the net you need to know how to maxamize results and that is bypassing blocks. For example, yahoo, will reject mail coming from any IP that sends it too many bounces in a given time period. So we have to maintain our lists and filter out bounces. There are almost a hundered other quirks such as that.

So can you help us or not?

I need help becuase my main tech is overworked and I need somone to supplement his workload.

- Joe Soltis
Quote Reply
One last thing....if it is subscriber based then why does your website say that the email is sent out to more people than the client orders.

Quote:
Shortly after your mailing is complete, you will receive a report
detailing how many emails went out, when, and how many were
delivered successfully. (Always more that you order)

I think that should be an "n"?

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 22, 2003, 7:51 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] qmail help needed In reply to
Becuase inveitabley some email message will bounce. So if a client orders a bulk mailing to 15,000 we will send it to 16,000 to make up for the bounces. Our goal is to give a good and honest service to our clients.

We would like to collect all bounces in one file. So that we can better clean our lists and not have to overcompensate so much and therefore lighten the load on our server.

Any more questions?
Quote Reply
Quote:
Any more questions?

Its just important (for me at least) to find out who I could possibly be doing work for.

Sorry for all the questions Angelic