Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

cookie base affiliate program

Quote Reply
cookie base affiliate program
Need a full cookie-based affiliate program for links2.0 preferably with some sort of admin integrated with links admin. The idea is to have users join the affiliate program and anytime someone clicks on a link from their site, a cookie is placed in the users computer for a certain number of days. When someone actually submits a link at that time or at a later time, the cookie will appropriately credit the referral amount. Optionally the referring site can login and check their earnings, etc.,

Will pay a reasonable fee. Can't afford to spend too much.
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] cookie base affiliate program In reply to
Hello, socrates.

The concept of having an affiliate program is good, but why use client-based technology, like cookies? I would recommend looking at using server-side based solutions with using an "affiliate database" and allow users to login as they usually do with Links 2.0.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] cookie base affiliate program In reply to
Well, whichever method we use is ok as long as I we can track and pay the affiliates. Cookie is ok because if the user comes back in a month then the referrer still gets the commission, unless the the user has deleted the cookie (which is rare).

Anyway, anyone want to do this. If there are others interested in this then we can chip in to share the costs and have someone write this. If you are interested in sharing the cost, please post here.

If you are interested in writing this mod, please post here.

thanks

Last edited by:

socrates: Sep 3, 2002, 12:20 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] cookie base affiliate program In reply to
Quote:

unless the the user has deleted the cookie (which is rare)

I think it's less rare than you think. And that is why server-side technologies would be better suited, especially for an e-commerce application/add-on you are looking for.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me