Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

availability calendar for Links SQL

Quote Reply
availability calendar for Links SQL
We are maintaining a website promoting vacation rentals around the world. Therefore we need assistance in setting up an availability calendar that is searchable for vacant rentals.

Stuart
Quote Reply
Re: [vacationrentals] availability calendar for Links SQL In reply to
AvailCheck is about the best I've found for a stand-alone Perl solution. Not too hard to set up. There are several other solutions out there but they are hosted with recurring charges - not my cup of tea.
Belize Tourism & Country Guide
Belize News
Quote Reply
Re: [mromero] availability calendar for Links SQL In reply to
Hi there, I appreciate your input. We are aware of the existance of that program, but the only thing it does allow you is to make a an inquiry once you found that listing, not to get to the listing via an inquiry.

Cheers
Quote Reply
I was looking into this too. I need something that will work with dates for individual properties/rooms and also change to 'under offer' or similar when the customer makes the initial reservation- then the administrator changes it to 'booked' when the payment is processed.

Alba
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] availability calendar for Links SQL In reply to
we are working on it. I keep you posted.
Quote Reply
Hi,

I´m currently building a tourism-website for my country "austria".
I would also be interested in a software where people can book an available room online (maybe a combination of an "availabilty-calendar" and a "shopping-cart" ?)

please inform me.

Last edited by:

Jack: Apr 13, 2005, 10:22 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] availability calendar for Links SQL In reply to
I have now achieved setting up a searchable availability calender with online bookings. It is based on DBSQL . Unfortunately I've just changed to a new server so the demo will not be online until the middle of next month.

It is suitable for all types of rental properties, hotels etc.

Alba
Quote Reply
Hi Alba,

I´m very much interested in something like this.
How do this online-bookings work ? So a customer can book a hotel-room online ? The hotel-owner can administer on links-SQL how many rooms are available and how many are already booked ? Is this a plug-in ? Please explain a little bit.

Many thanks,

Erich

Last edited by:

Jack: Apr 13, 2005, 10:21 AM
Quote Reply
Hi. I'm working on something similar (won't bet out for a good month or so though, as its pretty complicated).

The biggest problem, is working out how to get the hotel listings into the system the easiest (people who run a hotel, really don't want to have to administer it all manually).

Afraid I'm not sure if anything like this is already available, sorry.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] availability calendar for Links SQL In reply to
Hello everyone,

we are planning to set this up most likely through GT as they really know what they talk about and they deliver quality jobs. I know that Andy is very competent as well, so we might all stick our heads together. Here is what will realize:

We will establish an availability calendar, where people (link owners) are able to set

- busy
- free
- on request / not sure
- special offer

The calendar will have the ability to be searched through in any major currency that will be compared to a standard currency, let's say USD or EURO. The user will select his favorite currency and the program does the calculation on the fly and returns as output all properties that are equal or below the maximum amount and properties that are available during that season. If anyone needs to take this a step further and place a book now button, I am sure this is realizable, even though we don;t need that necessarily.

Cheers

Stuart
Quote Reply
Hi again

The hotel owner can login and update the availability manually. I have not achieved this automatically yet. The visitor can search for availability and then make the booking & pay online.

The system is based on a DBSQL installation with additional shopping cart. It is not a plugin. I haven't tried to implement it using LSQL.

The demo is still not back online and I would imagine it will be September before I can upload it because of other committments.

Alba
Quote Reply
Hi Alba,

sounds very cool !
Please send me your URL when your website is online (e-mail: <removed> ).
My website is also still under development and I need some time to get some links in there. But such a feature would be great.

What are the costs for such a software ?

BTW: I would need this system language-independent. I would like to run it in german and english.

Best regards,

Erich

Last edited by:

Jagerman: May 3, 2005, 12:19 PM
Quote Reply
Hi friends,

I just found an OPEN-SOURCE online-booking system for hotels, rooms, etc.
Check out these links:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/solunas/

http://www.solunas.org/index.php

I have no idea if this software works smoothly or so on......
If you are going to use this software, please provide a feedback if this software is good (advantages ? / disadvantages ?).

There is also a lot of other online-booking-software (OPEN SOURCE) available ; which one is the best if I own a Links-SQL-Portal with links to thousands of hotels, holiday flats, guesthouses, etc. ? The visitors of my website should be able to easily book a room (by using online-payment !) at one of the many hotels, flats, guesthouses of my customers (hotel-owners who are listed on my Links-SQL-Portal).

see this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyhotels/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jhotel/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/roomba/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openres/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mbsystem/

Best regards,

Erich

Last edited by:

Jack: Apr 13, 2005, 10:20 AM
Quote Reply
Frown Hi,

Sorry, I have not gone ahead with uploading this demo. Someone else is doing something similar locally so I am not going to follow this through any further.

Apologies and I hope you have found something suitable.

Alba
Quote Reply
There is a lot of development going on in this area all over the web.

I've taken a "wait and see" stance, since if some good open source, CPAN available modules (like net::Amazon) become available for the hotels and caledars, it creates a set of back-end standards that are maintained by a consensus group of developers (pretty much everyone <G>) rather than one person trying to keep up with all the changes.

A calendar is still a high priority with us, as ours has now been off line for awhile. But, the furor and ferver with which calendar and scheduling programs are starting to show up, means energy is best spent waiting to see what develops from those mono-directed development teams, and put our efforts into other things.

The skinny is if you can wait, develop your other assets, and other features, there will be some good (if not great) scheduling, booking and caledar programs released over the next few months. The signs are all over.

Once they are released, integrating them into Links SQL (Or Gossamer Links) will be much, much easier.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.