Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Who's online for LSQL
Is it possible to incorporate a "Who's Online" for Links SQL, similar to what you have right here in G Forum?

Either something right in the admin panel or outside for admin access only.

The usernames would come straight out of the databse, and guests would be unregistered users.... it seems like much the same thing as the forum, but I think it would be REALLY useful in Links.

There has been talk of a stats plug-in, and I think this is something which could be included in that.

Would it take much to tweak a plug-in for me?

I know Alex mentioned that there may be re-vamped editor functionallity in future versions of LSQL. I am still looking for a short-term solution for someone to modify browser.pm or a make a plugin which prevents the editors from seeing sensitive fields on the category and links forms when they modify/add/delete etc.

See: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=192822

On the same topic (I know I am jumping forum areas here), I would like to suggest a user control panel/screen where the registered user can change their details, and see their "financial related" user fields. Of course these fields dont have to be financial related depending on the type of site you run, but the fields could be customizable, so that you can see the fields as "see only" or user can modify.

Example.... I have an "AdCredits" field for my users, which is basically how much money a user has availalbe to purchase advertising on my site. Editors are paid in adcredits, but any user could log-in and see and/or spend credits.

If there is already something similar to this PLEASE TELL ME! I am having difficulty wondering how I am going to manage all this, and am hoping that others are looking for similar things, and perhaps something could be developed if it does not already exist.

Last edited by:

sooke: Apr 22, 2002, 4:13 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Who's online for LSQL In reply to
Hi,

I wrote some code for this a few weeks ago. You should be able to find it if you search the Links SQL forums for "online" and username, Paul

Edit: Nevermind, I found it:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...rum.cgi?post=186745;

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 23, 2002, 1:44 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Who's online for LSQL In reply to
Thanks, Paul! I am going to have a look. How come I could not find that when I searched? I tried who's, who's on... needed the online I suppose. just the wrong things eh Wink