Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

Use of GT for Web & Print publishing

Quote Reply
Use of GT for Web & Print publishing
We need to use GT products to build a forum that looks like people are submiting stories to our website, that then are posted on the site with a headline and subheadline. Need attachments for jpeg, tiff, etc.

Export as text file, with attachments as email.

Need layers of editorial, example: National News, State News, Local News.

Need moderators at different levels.

Have not bought license yet, interested in labor costs for this project, and time-line. Need soon.
Quote Reply
Re: [RexWager] Use of GT for Web & Print publishing In reply to
We have the exact same requirement. We have already purchased and installed LinksSQL we are still in the process of setting it up.
Scott Halliday
Quote Reply
Re: [RexWager] Use of GT for Web & Print publishing In reply to
I've been working on something like this, and have been reconstructing my old files.

I haven't gotten much feedback from Alex recently on the image/attachment processing being planned for the next release or gossamer community. There has been some hints and speculations, but it's hard to program around those :)

If I can get that information out of him, I may have a time line for this development.

Ian has sort of agreed to bump shoulders with me on a new project http://thebeadexchange.com that will sort of tie the basic features for this sort of larger project together in a basic system as a combination of his plugins and subroutines and mine. Once that is worked out, it should be easy to extend out into other applications....

Ian's toolbox is similar to a project I started, but it's more organized :)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Use of GT for Web & Print publishing In reply to
Quote:
image/attachment processing being planned for the next release or gossamer community

Nice if this was included in the general GT libraries for use by plug-ins of Links SQL, or G Forum etc. It seems like it is needed.

Regarding the topic of this thread, it seems like an interesting idea. Maybe something could be done, even if it is a spin off from pugdogs beadexchange or one of our plug-ins.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins