Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Template design...
Not a GT script, but I thought this would be the more appropriate forum to post my request in.

I'm currently working on a Classifieds ad script. It will support quite a lot of cool features, but at the moment I'm lacking a design Crazy If anyone could work a good one out for me, then please gt in contact with me at webmaster@ace-installer.com, with links to some of your other works. I need this quite soon, so time is of the essence Wink

Thanks..and hopefully this won't annoy GT too much ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Template design... In reply to
Andy,

you are a programmer and I am not. But I have noticed that you have already done a banner management plug in script in php, and I really wondered why? I have been succesfull in downloading phpadsnew from source forge, and configuring it all by myself. It's the best "free" script I have been using. After all I think it's the same Italian guy who is behind postnuke.

I just searched for "classifieds" on sourceforge again and found several answers. Now I do not have time to see if they are any good, but I though you might want to know Smile. To not reinvent the wheel is hard in a post modern area of open source programming ...
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Template design... In reply to
I'm not 'reinventing' the wheel as you seem to think. My script has quite a few features that most of the 'free' scripts don't offer;

+ A template system, so they can design the script around their site.
+ A payment system, for 7 days, up to 3 days (using PayPal)
+ Expiring adverts
+ Spanning Pages
+ Multiple categories
+ Search option...

And a few more things as I think them up.

BTW: I have got a decent(ish) looking design now, so I'm not really in need of any designs now. Thanks though.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

I developed a few weeks ago a PHP Modification in order to do so with Links SQL (for a Swiss client).

It seems to be exactly what you planned to do.

You can see it here : http://www.annonces-lyoba.ch.

I can easily gather the work and release it as a Mod for Links SQL. Even my client spoke me about releasing this mod for the GT community.

Some features :

- People can use the template they want.

- No need to be dynamic, it runs on static mode.

- People are able to add/modify/delete their classified ads. They must subscribe to the website if they want to post classified ads. This prevents visitors from replying to wrong email addresses.

- Most Popular classified ads. Based on the number of times a classified ad has been replied.

- People can review the ads, for example in order to prevent visitors from replying to "bad" classified ads.

- No email addresses appear in order to prevent spammers from spidering and gathering all the email addresses that are in the website.

- When a user replies to an ad, a pop-up is shown, which recapitulates the ad. The person who posted the ad then recieves an email, which recapitulates the ad, its title, its description, and of course the answer.

- Auto-deletion of old classified ads. The administrator chooses from how many days ads shall be considered as "old", then ads are automatically deleted when they become old. Of course the user himself is not deleted, and an email is sent to inform him his ad was too old and has been deleted. The administrator can customize this email, and it is targetted from user to people ("Hi Mister John, your ad "-- Description of the ad --" has been deleted because it was too old", etc...)

- Of course the visitors can search for ads using the search engine.

- Ads are displayed like this :

>> New ads

>> Modified ads

>> Popular ads

>> "Regular" ads

- My client plans to integrate a payment system that should be easily customizable to all payment systems like Paypal and others.

Do you want to do the same as I did ? I can easily release a version for the Gossamer-Threads' community.

Regards,

Gautier.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gautier] Template design... In reply to
Hi...mine is completly seperate from GT's products....I just thought this would be the best place to show it Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

>> I just thought this would be the best place to show it Tongue <<

I think you're right, definitely Wink !

I misunderstood you, I thought you spoke about customizing Links SQL in order to manage classified ads.

Okay, if we compare my work at www.annonces-lyoba.ch with some silly questions I ask about Links SQL, maybe you and Adrian would think I'm not a so bad php programmer ? Tongue

Regards,

Gautier.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gautier] Template design... In reply to
LOL...no problem. I'll put a link up in this thread for a demo once I have it completed Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Tongue, yes Andy I would be glad to see it ! Smile.

Regards,

Gautier.