Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

dbman, but more just general file handling

Quote Reply
dbman, but more just general file handling
OK, here's a tricky one that I'd like written, and willing to hand over cash for...

We're using DBMan that shows different record that people can visit URL's from, send an email from, etc.

We have a 'click counter' script, that basically writes to a file every time someone clicks on a URL, and stores the results like:

http://www.microsoft.com|2
http://www.apple.com|12

Each record in our database has two URL's, one that points to their web address (like above) and the other points to another script on our site, that parses the record name and their email address.

We also then use JPDeni's Top Ten/Counter sub to store the count of how many people viewed each database record, each in their own file, named after the record ID. For example:

File '23' has one line, '11' in it
File '61' has one line, '152' in it.

I then have a form mailer script that writes to a file every time someone emails the owner of one of the records. This is simply stored as:

Record Name|Record Email|Time|etc

What I'd really like, is someway that we can have all the counter data combined into one file when a script is run, what I mean is say on midnight Fridays or something, I would run a script that would combine all of the above into a file, with the record name as well (obviously pulled from the database).

So, it would be:

Record Name|Count of record views|count to URL #1|Count to URL #2|Count of form results file

For example:

Apple Computers|152|13|2|3
Microsoft|21|2|1|5

Basically, this script would somehow need to open 3 different count files, reference one of each of their fields with our database file to work out which belongs to which record, and then write it all nicely to a file.

Does any of this make sense? Am I just dreaming it can be done? Please send me an email (miles@scoopnewmedia.com) with your quote if you can do it. I'm happy to discuss the project in more detail if my summary above doesn't make sense. :)

Regards,

Miles

Quote Reply
Re: [miles] dbman, but more just general file handling In reply to
I have not heard from you about the corrections to combine.pl that should have met the requirements?

dale
freelance developer

I will die, but I will not quit.
I am an army of one.
Quote Reply
Re: [miles] dbman, but more just general file handling In reply to
Miles,
Have not heard from you since the script was completed last week.

regards,
daleUnsure
Quote Reply
Re: [dalehend] dbman, but more just general file handling In reply to
Miles,
Please inform when paypal invoice will be covered.

regards
dale henderson