Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

WebAdverts Banner Rotator Installation

Quote Reply
WebAdverts Banner Rotator Installation
I had WebAdverts installed some time ago by a person here in the GT forums. I recently changed hosts, and the WebAdverts program has been upgraded a few times. I can't seem to get it working.

I need someone to install it, and a slight modification made so it will show banner advertisements according to zones for each category. The script is written in Perl.
http://www.turkeycentral.com/ Turkey's English-friendly Internet Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Ben Densin] WebAdverts Banner Rotator Installation In reply to
Hi,

You considered used GT's AdCycle plugin? This has zoning built into it - without needing any editing (also a piece of cake to install :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] WebAdverts Banner Rotator Installation In reply to
Actually I do have adcycle, but I don't see anywhere in the program that I can assign zones, I thought it showed a banner rotation throughout the whole links directory. I'll have another look at it. Thanks for that tip, might not need anybody in that case!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Do you have the *plugin* of AdCycle though? Thats where the zones are done as far as I can remember =) (in Plugins > AdCycle)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I'm not sure what you mean... I did get it through Gossamer Threads. A case of RTFM on my part! I've gone through the help files on the WebAdverts site (forum seems to be down). This is off topic I know, but does WebAdverts display banners in categories or only according to search results? I also have another question which doesn't seem to be answered, namely, how do I specify the banner image to be displayed? I don't see any option for it, but the system is giving me the HTML code for the advert without me specifying the image to be shown. Can't figure that out... I'll search the GT forums to see if I can find the answers also... Sorry for going off topic!

OK modifying this, I see lots of info about Webadverts I didn't see before, will check it!

Last edited by:

Ben Densin: Feb 11, 2009, 8:08 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

PM/Email me your GLinks admin details, and I'll take a quick look to see if you have AdCycle setup right.

Re WebAdverts - I'm afraid I've never used it - sorry.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I just wanted to follow up here. After Jack at GT re-installed it, I found the options to target specific categories in the plug-ins page in the GT admin section, and not in the AdCycle admin. I would have never thought to look there, there was nothing about it in the documentation. Thanks to Jack for the assistance, AdCycle will more than meet my needs! :)
Quote Reply
Cool, thought it'd do what you wanted =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Hi,

You considered used GT's AdCycle plugin? This has zoning built into it - without needing any editing (also a piece of cake to install :))

Cheers

I'm using Openx at the moment (www.openx.org) but want to have more targeting option to keyword and categories. Can this be done with AdCycle?

Also, on this forum I've red that AdCycle using much of processor time. Is this correct? Will my host company ban me if I use AdCycle?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] WebAdverts Banner Rotator Installation In reply to
Hi,

Not 100% sure about the keyword targetting in AdCycle, but you can definatly do category targetting.

Quote:
Also, on this forum I've red that AdCycle using much of processor time. Is this correct? Will my host company ban me if I use AdCycle?

I can't see it being that much of a burden on the server.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk