Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Special Offers
Hi,

I am looking at getting something developed that could host special offers from online shops.. This must include:

*Auto start and finish date
*Categorise them.
*Very little admin worry, all done automatic apart from approval.

One example for you to look at is http://uk.kelkoo.com/bargain/index.html. Once you are there take a look in the various categories and see what they have done and how it works.

If you have any problems getting me a quote and timescale please let me know.

Cheers,
Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Special Offers In reply to
Cheers,
Alex

Is that not Alex's ending?

Are you asking anyone for help or someone inparticular?

Paul Wilson.
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
Is:

Cheers,
Alex

Is this a copyright of GT? I am Alex and that is how I end my notes. No copying intended. Honest!#

Cheers,
Alex (Nobags)

Better?

Quote Reply
lol.....I was only kidding....no it is Copyrighted!

You can end your post however you want.

I think I can help you with your problam if you wish.

Send me an email at paul@audio-grabber.com explaining exactly what you want.

Paul Wilson.
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
I've been chasing quotes for a segment of what you require: auto end date. I emailed gossamer and others listed in the Resources page and I got no response from gossamer, most of the ppl listed as installers and modifers no longer do links work, and one person that I contacted (anthrorules) turned out to be incapable of such a simple project.
gossamer has a lot of potential, unfortunately they and the majority of installers are too unprofessional to be relied upon.

Quote Reply
What do you mean "auto end date"? Do you have the rest of it working?

Superficially this is a simple mod, but in actuality it's a bit more complex than first look would indicate. Once the plug-in system is finalized and more people have understanding of it, this would become a much more viable project.

If all you want is a special offer attached to a link, you can add two fields to the link "Offer" and "Offer_Expire" Offer_Expire is a date. In the link-build routine just check for the date in Offer_Expire and if it's less than today, set it to ''.

If you wanted to have a separate database of offers:

ID, Offer Title, Description, Owner, Start, Expire

Then, just add a field "Offer_ID" to the Link record. During a build, check for

if ($rec->{'Offer_ID'}) { do something, set some variables, grab the offer, etc }

This adds overhead that is not there for the first solution, but it makes things a little more flexible, and ties the offer to an "Owner" rather than a Link.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I got no response from gossamer
Ack, did you email me personally? Please use the contact form, or email info@gossamer-threads.com. We now have enough staff on hand so you should always get a reply (although it most likely won't be from me).

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
No, I got contacted by one of your lady staff members. I requested a re-quote on a job that was as below, but never received a response back.

require new field in links2 database
being "expiry_date" with ability for
> (i) end users to submit/modify
> links that includes a new field
> for expiry date
> (ii) me and end users to use the
> links search facility to search
> on the new field in (i)
> (iii) listings to be in
> expiry_date order (earliest date first)

Quote Reply
Hi Lottos,
If you will send me an email to my regular address, I will make sure that your project is taken care of.
I believe that the person with whom you were in contact is on vacation for the Holidays and thus has not been able to get back to you.
Because what you are asking for is not a very involved job, we should be able to take care of it for you before the end of the year. I will need the log-in information for your server and the location of your admin panel.
Please send all the info to: jack@gossamer-threads.com
Jack.