Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

Price Comparision Service

Quote Reply
Price Comparision Service
Hello,

I am looking for a price comparision service to be used to search for prices of products. Examples:

www.kelkoo.com
www.shopsmart.com
www.pricechecker.co.uk
etc etc

Initially I would like the basic 4 categories - DVDs, Music, Games & Videos and then branch into other categories.

I hope someone can tell me how much this would cost and give me a quote. Something that I would like is when someone searches for a shop using the search if they also search for 'britney spears' (example!) it would also come up with the title of the CD and then are able to click on that for a list of the prices from the shops (check http://uk.shopsmart.com for an example and use their search)

Thanks in advance.
Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Price Comparision Service In reply to
Gossamer Threads, in conjunction with our affiliate Atlas Industries, has taken on Alex Beaton's project as Custom Programming. For more details, please contact Jack directly.

Quote Reply
hehehe.. i've done this already.. i modded links sql.. it even has automatic billing running every night to bill the merchants based on a monthly + peritem listing fee..

its not hard at all..

Jerry Su
widgetz sucks
Quote Reply
Hey,

Can you tell me more... Is it similar to the examples I gave you? And what do you mean it bills the merchants monthly?

Look forward to your response.

Quote Reply
Excellent stuff,

I trust Jerry will be able to help you out with your project Alex. Good Luck.

Jack.

Quote Reply
i'd say a mix betweeen shopper.com and shopsmart.com (shopper.com is a popular electronics pricing site in the US)..

umm.. how do you think those sites make money? the merchants listed on those sites pay to list their products.. in order to post the items they are given a form or have the option to use the spreadsheet upload feature (which makes the process faster to add/update products).. so.... the merchant is billed monthly a monthly fee + per item fee.. a script takes care of this.. it even checks to see if the merchant has paid.. if the merchant hasn't paid in 2 months.. their account is suspended and until they pay their listings won't appear and they can't add/modify/delete items..

the billing part requires a merchant account that has the feature that returns if the credit card was authorized or not..

its a huge mod of links sql 1.11

Jerry Su
widgetz sucks