Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

PilotWebsites.com & Links SQL

Quote Reply
PilotWebsites.com & Links SQL
Hello,

I am looking for someone to doa Links 2.0 job at PilotWebsites.com. I have a list of tasks that I need completed, please email me at kim@pilotjourney.com and I will send you a more detailed requirments email. Here is the short version.

1. Need to purchase Links SQL
2. Would like Google style Adwords on the right down to the catagory level
3. Integrate template seen at http://pilotwebsites.com
4. Site to be published as static html, which I read was an option in Links 2.0
5. Gather related content from DMOZ, which is about 4500 links, using any number of tools.
6. Scan those domains to get email address so I can let webmaster know we added them, place those in email address field in Links 2.0 and supply in spreadsheet format.
7. Add email address sign-up box in lower left hand corner.

I think that is the short version :-)

Thanks very much

Kim
Pilot Journey
kim@pilotjoourney.com
Quote Reply
Re: [kimber] PilotWebsites.com & Links SQL In reply to
I should type more carefully, my email is kim@pilotjourney.com
Quote Reply
I think most of this can be accomplished fairly easily.

The email addresses is problematic, as picking one address out of potentially many, is not something even advanced AI programs can do reliably. Sometimes, it has to be done by comparing the addresses to what's on the page.

I've considered a version of DMOZ that has email addresses in it, but they change so often, as people get new ISP's, and don't use redirected emails from their domain, that most email addresses are worthless in short time.

You'd be better off finding a pilot's mailing list or news group and ask them to add their site, or "claim" their link.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] PilotWebsites.com & Links SQL In reply to
Thanks very much, I purchased some software than I can use to scan through the links and get an email address. While it is not 100 accurate I am sure, it seemed to get about 50% of the 4800 links.

I know you and Andy work together and I am waiting on a price quote from him.
Quote Reply
Out of curiousity, if you have mailed to them, how many of the emails bounced?

If you haven't emailed, when you do, please keep track of that, since I'm curious about how valid randomly scanning for emails is.

I hired a few kids to do that for me on one site, one summer. Boring, but they got to sit in an A/C room when it was 90 outside <G>

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.