Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

Modify GM to record user IP addresses

Quote Reply
Modify GM to record user IP addresses
Hi,

Anyone interested in making some money helping me to modify my GM program, here is my propsoal.

I would like GM to now do this:

A. Record the IP address of every new sign-up. So in the admin area, where it shows me the username, and country, and all the standard info we ask on registration - it also has the IP address of the person that created the account. I need this because I then want to be able to ban them if they are repeatedly starting up accounts.

B. I would also like if someone knows how to implement a autobot-proof registration form that displays graphical images that a user must read and correctly type in the words and/or letters he see's. You know like what Overture/Yahoo/Hotmail and everyone else nowadays is doing to stop autobots from auto joining sites.
Quote Reply
Re: [cletus] Modify GM to record user IP addresses In reply to
You could install Gossamer Community, a free new program from GT. It does precisely those two things you are asking for.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Modify GM to record user IP addresses In reply to
Hi,

Where is that? I looked at Goss home page and don't see anything called "Gossamer Community"

Do you know if there is a more modern version of GM that records the IP of users that create a username?

Note: I want this for GM. That is I only am interested in modifying the free email service I offer so I can see the IP's of users.

Thanks for your help
Quote Reply
Gossamer Community can be found at

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/community/

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Thank you

Okay I am downloading it,

Do you know who has it on their site with GM, so I can see how it is intergrated.

Basically, I don't offer, or care to offer at this point, anything from GT except their email service.

So, I just want to upgrade the user sign-up page so it from now on record the IP address of every new member. You know, so I can see who is the scammers and spammers and guys starting dozens of usernames abusively.

If you care to help me do this - I'd be willing to pay a fair price I cannot myself.

Would I lose any data? Does it cost lots of server resources, CPU, bandwidth?

Thank you
Quote Reply
One person who has integrated GMail with Community is Sangiro. His website is:

http://www.dropzone.com/

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Thanks,

Do you know how to do this? I got the zip files from GT and it's just nonsense to me. Would you want to do this for me for fair price?