Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Modification Request
Hello,

I'm looking for a modification of Links SQL 2.x that would accomplish the following:

On the links modification form that a user comes to after logging in, I would like to include the following data:

A field that has Hits * Rate (This would be the value of the Hits field times a new field that includes a rate such as .10). So if a link had 50 hits and the rate for that link was .10 then the new field would have the total of 5.00

Then I would need a total of the calculated field (Hits * Rate) for all of the individual links. So if a user had 3 links it would look something like:

Link 1 Hits: 50 Rate: .10 Total: 5.00
Link 2 Hits: 100 Rate: .15 Total: 15.00
Link 3 Hits: 50 Rate: .20 Total: 10.00

Total Hits: 200 Total Amount: 30.00

I don't need a full Goto.com mod, as we won't have any bidding for placement, and don't need automated notifications to users, etc. Mainly I just want to show the hits, rate and totals when users log in to modify or view their links.

If anyone is capable of doing this mod, let me know what it would cost and any issues. Thanks!

-jw

Quote Reply
Re: Modification Request In reply to
I think we don't need adding a field to Links table. The new field = hits*rate. We can help you do this with a nominal charge.
Please send email private to me.

Quote Reply
I understand what you mean that we don't need a new field for hit*rate, but would it still be possible to add up all of the hits and the total of hit*rate if the user has several links, and display this when they view their links after logging in for modification?

-jw

Quote Reply
I have made some modification about this fuction already.