Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

Links SQL modify/claim link can you quote?

Quote Reply
Links SQL modify/claim link can you quote?
I have loads of links without owners, I want to offer the owners a chance to claim ownership of their links so that they can log in and maintain their link url description etc.

In return for this (and to prove that they own the site) I want to ask for a link on their sites (on the page that I link to) to my site.

So I want to add a text link by un-owned links saying something like 'if this is your site' the user clicking on this goes to a page that.

1) recognises the link that they are asking to claim

2) allows them to input their details to set up a user account

3) associates their user account with the link that they are claiming

4) sends an email to them asking them to add a link to their site

5) sends an email to me telling me to review their application

-------------------------------

Once I have reviewed the site and checked the link back, I want to be able to validate the user, allowing them modify rights to their link. (they will not be able to access their user account until I have checked and vaildated it)

I want an email to be sent to them reminding them what their username and password is.

-------------------------------

I would like an additional/add on that will periodically check all of these link back links, to ensure that they maintain the link to my site, and flag up missing reciprical links.

Can anyone let me know if this is already available, if not can someone quote me a fee to build and install it for me.

I'd also appreciate it if you could give me a date when it would be finished.

I have a number of other modifications that I am looking to commission, so if you can do a good job on this for a reasonable fee, then there is more work available : )

Thanks

John
Quote Reply
Re: [cities] Links SQL modify/claim link can you quote? In reply to
It is already done and basically does what you want.

Go to the forums plugins for the discussion on this. It has been debugged after a few problems. Put in a search for 'claim link' and you will find all the help you need.

In your links admin plugins you can get this for free.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] Links SQL modify/claim link can you quote? In reply to
Thanks, thats what I wanted