Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Links SQL job
Hi,

I have been trying to get my links SQL setup done for quite a while now but keep running into problems. Support from Gossamer is brill but they are based in Canada so the time difference means that emails can't always be responded to before another day has passed which is a little bit frustrating for me.

I need some help setting up the payment page side of things, integrating WorldPay into my newly installed links SQL (or links SQL into WorldPay depending on which way you look at it).

I will be able to get it done via the Gossamer people but my concern is it could be a drawn out process so I am posting here to see if there are any other options open to me.

Can anyone help or is this best left to the gossamer people anyway. I am UK based and would prefer someone in the same GMT timeframe or thereabouts.

I have got my SSL set up, payment pages setup but I genuinly don't know enough about what is going on programming wise to take it any further and get it seamlessly integrate into links sql.

As I said support is excellent, I am just looking for a possibility of speeding things up a bit. This will obviously be a paid job and the amount will also determine which route I take.

Thanks all,

Kev

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] Links SQL job In reply to
Hi. Have you considered waiting for version 2.1.3? AFAIK, that has payment options (not sure what kind).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links SQL job In reply to
Hi Andy,
the problem really is just what is included. I was told pre sales that links sql was ok for payment handling but I wasn't aware how impossible it actually would be to get set up. ( believe it is set up in my installation but I cannot find it, have never actually seen any link to it nor any documentation so saying it is there is a touch mis leading.

When will v 2.13 be out, would you suggest to wait and then re install the whole program. I really just want something to get on with because its been dragging on for ages and I am getting nowhere with my links links sql.

many thanks

Kev

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] Links SQL job In reply to
>>>When will v 2.13 be out, would you suggest to wait and then re install the whole program. I really just want something to get on with because its been dragging on for ages and I am getting nowhere with my links links sql. <<<

I would suggest waiting for it. There are going to be quite a few more features in the newer version :) You shouldn't even need to reinstall. Just run an 'upgrade' ... which is pretty simple :)

I would offer to help, but my knowledge of WorldPay is pretty small at the moment. If you asked me about a PayPal verification system, then I would be able to help. I'm still playing with GoCart. I have it working on WorldPay now, but its with a module from GT, which meant all I needed to do was install it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!