Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Import UBB 5.45c
I need someone to import users, forums, and posts from UBB 5.45c into Gossamer Forum. The Gossamer Forum board is up and running and there may be some data collisions..ie: Same username, same forum names, etc.

Could I do it? Sure, but not in the time frame it needs to be done. I would like some quotes from anyone that has the skills and ability to get it done.

- Scott
Quote Reply
Re: [OnlineMlm] Import UBB 5.45c In reply to
This shouldn't be hard to do yourself. You'll find the import script at admin/tools/import.pl. Run it to get more help on how to use it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Import UBB 5.45c In reply to
I had read where that script doesn't work with 5.45c is that not true? Also.. I don't have shell access to my account, can it but run via browser?

Thanks in advance.

- Scott
Quote Reply
Re: [OnlineMlm] Import UBB 5.45c In reply to
It does support UBB5 (as well as 6), but you'll need shell access to run it. You might be able to run it using FileMan. If you load up FileMan, go into the tools directory, then click on the 'Command' link in the top menu, you'll be able to enter a command in the text input at the bottom.
If you input just:
./import.pl
you'll get the instructions on how to use it.
When you actually run the import, you'll want to use the 'Long Running' option.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Import UBB 5.45c In reply to
Thank you! I've gotton some of it done tonight because of your help. I've got some problems, but I'll take the thread out of here .

-= Laugh