Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

Debugging for the whole site..

Quote Reply
Debugging for the whole site..
Hello

We are running a site that depends primarly on Links SQL and Gforum.
We do use many plug ins in both programs, and we also use Java and CSS.

We are having speed problem as the site is slower than normal when browsing in dynamic or static mode or searching, and the site does not work well with firefox, it gives a Java loading error.

Can someone do the full debugging for Links SQL and its plug in and point the problem? abd as well research the java loading error using firefox?

If yes how much will it cost to fix these two issues?

Thanks
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory

Last edited by:

katabd: Jul 22, 2005, 7:26 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Debugging for the whole site.. In reply to
Hello

We still have the same issues.

we have optimized the graphics, moved to a dedecated server, and have now over 1 G of memory on the server.

Any one can help..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Hi,

Is it just GLinks, or GForum + other stuff thats going slow? one thing to check - is that you have debugging disabled.

Also, I'm guessing your running under mod_perl?

One other thing - how much traffic is the server getting? (feel free to PM/email me , if you don't want to post anything here :)).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Debugging for the whole site.. In reply to
Hello

Debugging is off

Both Gforum and Glinks are running slow.

We are running under mod-perl..

The server receives an average of 7000 visits and 123000 hits a day

One more thing..

the server hosts two more domains we run..

both are 100% html based and they run very quickly.

Thanks Andy for the help..
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Hi,

If you do a "top" in SSH/Telnet, when the server is going slow.. what appears to be taking the most time to load?

I've had one thing recently, and it was an INDEX that got removed from one of the tables, and was causing the server to take 5-10 times longer to run the larger queries. Alex managed to stop this for me, and its been fine since :D

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

I think it may be related to the date.js on each pages. With JS disabled on Firefox, the page is displayed quickly. And with JS enabled on this, there is a warning message 'unresponsive script'

With IE, the page is stalled for a while.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog