Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Custom Modification Jobs :

Adding new sites from IE toolbar...

Quote Reply
Adding new sites from IE toolbar...
Hi

This is a mod I had working with Links 2 Flat version and it was very helpful for me and my editors...

What it does it create a search icon and adds it to the IE and netscape toolbar...

Then when the Authorized user is visiting a given web site (page) and he/she thinks it is good to be included he will just hit the add bottom:

The script then will:

1- add the site URL, and title from the page..

2- Grap the description from the description tag and if non will either spider the first X words from the page or just leave it blank.

3- look for e-mail address and add it as an owner and if not use default one.

4- Use webmaster as an owner name.

5- Selecting a category: the script MUSt be defaulted to a specific category (spider category or so).. and if the add bottom in for an Editor they can set this to their category..

After filling that form the script will forward the request to add.cgi where the link will be added to the database..

and display the add succes page to the adding person..

(User log in required must be set to no in the Links SQL setting).

That sounds like a very helpful plug in for editors, users and admin...

Does anyone have an idea or welling to develope such a plug in..?

If you need more info please let me know or just e-mail me webmaster@2muslims.com
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Adding new sites from IE toolbar... In reply to
Anyone?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory