Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Announcements :

Links SQL 2.0 Update

Quote Reply
Links SQL 2.0 Update
Hi!

Well, we are very close to having a public beta available. I'm very confident that you will be able to see a fully functional beta of Links SQL 2.0 next friday.

At that point we'll email everyone and let you give try it out to see what you think. While that's happening, we'll be working hard on the upgrade script that will import from a wide variety of sources: Links 2.0, Links SQL 1.x, Tab delimited, etc.

Thanks again for your patience, and I hope you find it worth it.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Links SQL 2.0 Update In reply to
Rather then keep posting new threads, I'll just be updating this one:

There is a new update on the site. It's not quite beta yet. We are still working on:

- Getting the plug-in system working. You will be able to just put a URL and be able to download and install a plugin all from the browser.
- Integrating the user database into the user scripts as in logged in users can modify their own entries, etc.

This one is much more complete then any of the previous ones, but we are still not ready for any debugging yet.

Thanks for your continued patience!

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Work on the plugin system is coming along nicely. I'll be posting an update tommorrow so people can see how the plugin system is going to work and try it out with the SearchLogger plugin as an easy example to see how to create plugins.

I'll post another message once it's out tommorrow as I'd love to get some feedback on it.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
The last alpha is out! It contains a working plugin (SearchLogger), and I'd love to hear some feedback from developers. The plugin system is still going to get modified a bit more, but I'll expand more on the next gen forum.

There's also a few other surprises in there, so I'd encourage people to try it out.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.