Gossamer Forum
Home : Gossamer Threads Inc. : Announcements :

Gossamer Mail 2 Released!

Quote Reply
Gossamer Mail 2 Released!
Hi!

I'm so pleased to announce that we have released Gossamer Mail 2! There are so many new features here (see http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...webmail/features.htm for a full list), that the best thing to do is just to try it out. We've updated the product pages to list all the new features, and put together some demos for you to try things out.

To showcase the plugable authentication system, we've setup a second demo and given everyone on the forum a free @gossamermail.com email address! Simply visit:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gmail-forum/

and you will be asked to pick your account and sign in. From that point forward you can move in between the forum and Gossamer Mail seamlessly, without re-logging in or anything! For you VBulletin and UBB users out there, we have similiar plugins you can use to give your users instant integrated email!

To give people a push to try this out, in your welcome message we've included a free preview of our new FileManager that is included in Links SQL and Gossamer Mail! Just sign-in and it's there in the welcome message. =)

We've also included the POP Server Plugin in this installation, so if you set your email client to:

POP Server: gossamermail.com
Username: your email address (whatever@gossamermail.com)
Password: your forum password
Port: 1100

You'll be able to retrieve your email in Eudora or Outlook. The port 1100 is very important! It won't work properly unless you include this.

We've also updated the price as previously hinted. There are now three levels of Gossamer Mail: Standard, Professional and Enterprise, with the primary difference being the number of domains it will support. If you have questions on the new pricing or upgrades, please feel free to send me an email at alex@gossamer-threads.com.

I'd also love to hear any other feedback you might have, so give it a try and let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Gossamer Mail 2 Released! In reply to
Hi!

I've updated the distribution which removes the domain check for upgrading users.

Simply download gmail-2.0.0-Upgrade.tar.gz and run the installer. Select Upgrade, and Skip on templates and Backup on program files and it will update your copy.

We also fixed some minor bugs, and made sure FileMan was packaging properly.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.