Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

going to another routine without clicking submit button

Quote Reply
going to another routine without clicking submit button
i tried to search to see if this has been asked and answered but couldn't figure out what terminology to use to search. i currently have a link that works:

<a href="$db_script_url?db=usersx&amp;Userid=$rec{'Userid'}&amp;pwfile=$public_per_file&amp;add_form=1">
&nbsp;Add to permission file</a>

what i want to do is go to a different routine and do some work, and then go to the place in the link above. i have the first part working, but i don't know how to go to the above place after the first work is complete.

edit: the second part displays a form with some of the fields already filled. would be nice to skip that form and have it input without the submit button.

Last edited by:

delicia: Jun 12, 2013, 4:14 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [delicia] going to another routine without clicking submit button In reply to
Huh? You want to send to a different URL first, and then redirect to the correct place?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] going to another routine without clicking submit button In reply to
i wanted to modify the current record displayed and then go to the other database and display the form that's displayed by clicking the link.

however, meanwhile of course, i figured out a different way to do it. i changed the link to a custom form and before the form is displayed, the previously displayed record is modified. now i'm working on it to get it to go ahead and process the info in the form without me clicking the submit button there because everything is filled out for me.
Quote Reply
Re: [delicia] going to another routine without clicking submit button In reply to
ok, new application, same problem. (i'm using dbman, not sql. my terminology may be antiquated. perhaps i mean table below instead of database)

i have a recipe database in which i enter the title and some basic info. when i click the Add Record button, it displays what i entered along with a link to add the ingredients.

when i click the link to add ingredients, it goes to the ingredients database and adds multiple records that contain the recordID of the recipe. after the addition of the ingredients, i would like it to automatically return to the recipe and display the original recipe info along with the list of ingredients.

i just thought of something to try!
Quote Reply
Ajax might be a solution. I've done something similar for validating email/postal address "on the fly", but it's been so long ago...

Check the old dbman flat file Mods, I have something from 2006 where someone used it as an example to check if a user name was "already taken" before the person clicked the "sign up button". Don't know who wrote it, or where it came from, but it might point you in the right direction.

I will keep poking around and see if I can find that chunk of code as well.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] going to another routine without clicking submit button In reply to
i have it working using relational code. i can pull the recipe info from related db and display in ingredients so i don't have to go to other db.