Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Xav Help

Quote Reply
Xav Help
Hi,

I have 110 data files in my Xav Search but i neet to user view all links in one data.

i.e: if user acess search.pl?Cat=Perl

the script show all links in data "Perl", but 10 links per page.

Any sugestions?

------------------
[]'s

Lucas Saud - #19815087

Quote Reply
Re: Xav Help In reply to
In your search.pl file, you have:

$Hits_Per_Page = 10;

You need to change that to whatever you want. I don't reccommend changing it to 110 as the page would be huge.

------------------
Jason
Extreme mtb
http://extreme.nas.net
Quote Reply
Lucas,

You might try this, so that you do not loose functionality of the original search.pl script. Make a copy of your search.pl and call it search_all.pl Then, change the $Hits_Per_Page to a large value, something like 1000. Then, when you want to view all items in the specific Category, use: search_all.pl?Cat=Perl use the original seach.pl when you only want to list a few links at a time.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Fred Hirsch
Web Consultant & Programmer
Quote Reply
Hi fhirsch.

I try to make this but i need to add a function to show all links in specific data file.

i.e: in admin mode i have this option. I need to modify the "review all links" in admin mode for use it to user see all links in specific data file.

It's possibile?

PS: Look my search engine at: http://www.weblinker.he.com.br/cgi-bin/q_en.pl , try a search for : "perl"

------------------
[]'s

Lucas Saud - #19815087

[This message has been edited by Lucas (edited January 11, 1999).]
Quote Reply
fhirsch,

I really need to add this mod in my search engine.

Please help-me.

i need this:

query?Cat=Perl

Show all links in Perl indexfile.

You help-me?

------------------
[]'s

Lucas Saud - #19815087

Quote Reply
Lucas,

Although my time during the day can be strictly limited, I will try to help you. Please email me a copy of the search.pl script that you use for your search engine, and I will try to modify it and send a copy back for you. I cannot promise an overnight solution though.

------------------
Fred Hirsch
Web Consultant & Programmer