Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Best web hosting...

Quote Reply
Best web hosting...
Could somebodu tell me where I could find a good cgi web hosting????
By the way, where can I find cheap domain names???? Wink

THEULS

------------------
----------------------
Surfootball.ovh.org
----------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Best web hosting... In reply to
Web cgi hosting = www.web2010.com
Hosting names = www.networksolutions.com -OR- www.enic.cc

But MOST hosting companies have their own domain registration service they go through.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
Try www.easyspace.com they only charge $30 unlike with Network solution $70 for two years i got registered two domains with them...
Quote Reply
THANX a lot!!!!!
Smile

THEULS

------------------
----------------------
Surfootball.ovh.org
----------------------
Quote Reply
A yea, one last question: Does a fast , cgi accesed, domain and free hosting exist????(with not to much banners on the pages...)

THEULS

------------------
----------------------
Surfootball.ovh.org
----------------------
Quote Reply

Quote:
A yea, one last question: Does a fast , cgi accesed, domain and free hosting exist????

Depends on what you mean as fast...

Keep in mind that free hosting companies use shared IP addresses across accounts, which is slow to access, and most free hosting companies will create a sub-domain address for you (e.g., youraccount.hypermart.net). Your best bet is go with your own account (and domain) with its own cgi-bin, so that you do not have to share resources with tons of other accounts.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
I think Gossamer Threads Inc. offers web hosting too. Good CGI support? Smile I give 99% that you can't find better place to host your CGI scripts.
Contact Alex alex@gossamer-threads.com for the prices.
Quote Reply
And if I say I'm prepared to pay for webspace (with cgi-bin of course)...
Can You tell me where I can find some cheap and reliable service???
Somebody talked to me about www.onedollarhosting.com but I don't know if it's good...
If somebody here pays for webspace and finds the service he is paying for good, please tell me...
Wink

THEULS

------------------
----------------------
Surfootball.ovh.org
----------------------
Quote Reply
As a matter of fact...

Two partners of mine and I are starting a hosting company and our goal is to have what people like you (Perl/CGI) need at great prices. Our company is LiquidHost, soon to be at LiquidHost.com. We are still developing the site, but we are able to set up hosting accounts.

*ALSO*

Register your domain name with us at the better-then-Networksolutions price of only $25 a year; and YOU set the billing contact! (some companies charge less the Networksolutions but are the billing contact so when you want to switch servers THEY own the domain!! BAD ETHICS!)

Email me at duke@worldramp.net and let me know what size you are looking to get. We have packages for everyone - too many to list.

Sincerely,
Matt

------------------
LiquidHost.com
Hosting for the Perl/CGI Community
Please email duke@worldramp.net for more info.
Quote Reply
I have found http://www.hostchoice.com to be what most people are looking for. Im running my site http://www.todayslearning.com from them and they helped me out when I was installing links. I have full access to email (I can get up pop accounts) manage my site from online and even FTP into it. Give them a look at, they also I think have 24 hour support. I have no complaints about them!

mp
http://www.todayslearning.com

Quote Reply
I use www.westhost.com, and I find the price to be very reasonable, with their large network, bandwidth is not a problem.

James Hall

<a href="mailto:james@de-inc.com">james@de-inc.com</a>

Quote Reply
Hi,

try pair.com as a webhost and bulkregister.com for the name.

regards, alexander