Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

WHM EA4 + Mod_Perl2 ?

Quote Reply
WHM EA4 + Mod_Perl2 ?
We recently moved our main Glinks project to a new WHM image and discovered that Easy Apache4 doesn't support mod_perl.

Has anyone had any luck getting this combination to work?

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: [AlexJ] WHM EA4 + Mod_Perl2 ? In reply to
Hi,

I'm not familiar with Easy Apache4. I'm using mod_perl too fine on Apache 2.4 .

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] WHM EA4 + Mod_Perl2 ? In reply to
Are you running mod_perl on any servers with a control panel?

Best regards,

Alex
Quote Reply
I use a custom server which runs on VestaCP, with nginx as the front end and then Apache 2.4 as the backend (for perl). All the static / PHP stuff is sent through nginx, and then the Perl stuff gets sent over to Apache via a proxy_pass in nginx. Apache is then set up to load mod_perl for the scripts. Its a stupidly fast set up :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply... This sounds like a fun setup to try.... Any tips on how you put that all together?

I launched the AWS VestaCP image, but it is on Amazon Cloud Linux which I'm not familiar with so I feel a little lost. It seems to be mostly all setup as you described, except for the mod_perl part!

Best regards,

Alex
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm afraid I only have experience with Linode and VestaCP (I have a build script I wrote that will set it all up for you). Happy to send it over if you wanted to have a go

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

If you don't mind sharing it, that would be great. At the very least it would be some guidance.... :)

I'm working on a fresh VestaCP/ngnix/apache/mod_perl build from scratch on the AWS current Centos 7 image.... It should be interesting to see how this ends up... !

Best regards,

Alex
Quote Reply
Hi,

Shoot me an email on andy.newby@gmail.com, and I'll send the scripts over to you with some basic instructions :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk