Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Outlook 97

Quote Reply
Outlook 97
Does anyone know how to setup Outlook 97 so all messages delivered to an email account are automatically forwarded to another email address?

---------------
Cricket Web - http://www.cricketweb.net
Cricket Web Forum - http://forum.cricketweb.net/
---------------
Quote Reply
Re: [Philip_Clark] Outlook 97 In reply to
I don't think there is such a feature in Outlook itself. Have you access to the server? Why don't you just put a .forward file in your home directory?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Outlook 97 In reply to
In outlook 2000 click tools ---> rules wizard and follow the instructions you can forward emails and move them around, mark them read, etc.

Just ran across this though... couldn't get an ".exe" file attachmet to come across (as if M$ never heard of a self extracting zip file) because Microsoft, in an effort to protect you from yourself has decided that all exe files are evil and subsequently (if you've installed all of your patches like a good citizen) strips them off of your emails and you cannot undo the security setting. See below:

Quote:
Level 1
If the file type is level 1, which includes files with extensions .exe, .vbs, .js, and several others, you cannot see or access the attachment. Your Inbox will display the paperclip icon in the Attachment column to let you know that the message has an attachment, and you will see a list of the blocked attachment files in the InfoBar at the top of your message. In addition, when you send an attachment that has a level 1 file type extension, you will see a message warning you that other Outlook recipients may not be able to access this type of attachment.

Quote:
Level 1 and level 2 e-mail security attachment file types
There are two levels of attachment security. Access to level 1 files is blocked and can't be changed. When you receive an attachment with a level 2 file type, you will be prompted to save the file to your hard disk. If you use Microsoft Exchange Server, your administrator can add and remove file types for both levels of e-mail security. If a file type is added to both levels, it will be treated as a level 1 file type.

Another good reason to use Eudora

Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Outlook 97 In reply to
Hmm weird - is Outlook 2000 newer or older that Outlook 6 XP ?
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Outlook 97 In reply to
Outlook 2000 would be a version older I believe. It doesn't do it on my boss's outlook, but he's been pretty slack about installing office patches too.

Ps: I sent you (Paul) a package in the mail. Give it a couple of days and let me know if you don't get it.

Quote Reply
How big was it and which address did you send it to?

I have the server setup to bounce files larger than 1MB
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Outlook 97 In reply to
It's a small cardboard box sent parcel post to your house. (Really!) Unless your server has some new super high-tech software installed I don't think it'll be a problem Tongue.

Now all I gotta do is get Drew's shipped out and I'll have done my good deeds for the year.

Quote Reply
Haha lol I thought you meant you were sending an exe to my email address lol

Thanks! I'll look forward to it!