Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

New Altavista

Quote Reply
New Altavista
Anyone have a working Altavista search script??
plz post it. Thank YOU!!!
Quote Reply
Re: New Altavista In reply to
What are you refering too? A mod or the link within the templates after a search?

Andy

webmaster@ace-installer.com
http://www.ace-installer.com
Quote Reply
Robbie,

This should be posted in the Links 2.0 Customization Forum, NOT in this general discussion type of forum.

Andy,

Robbie is referring to the Altavista search Mod, which I no longer use myself because Altavista is continually changing their query string, which makes it complicated to maintain that Mod within Links 2.0.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Yes Eliot,
you're right, Altavista continually changing their query string, so I remove the socket Altavista search on my site too, soon. Frown

DelPierro
http://www.simball.de/links_mods/
Quote Reply
Hi thanks for replying.

Yup Eliot, just because I mentioned "search.cgi" and that makes you right of me posting in the wrong forum. However, this is really just a general perl question about parse. I read many other posts of yours complaining this, complaining that. But all I want is help.

Anyone know where I can learn about parse?? I just want to learn to understand code like:

while ($results =~ m#<dl><dt><b>(\d+)\.\s*</b><a href="([^"]+)"><b>([^<]+)</b></a><dd>([^<]*)<?b?r?>?<b>URL:</b> <font color=gray>([^<]+)([^<]+)</font>#sog) {

what (\d+) or ([^"]+) are...etc.

Someone please point me out a site that teaches that kind of thing. Thank you.

Quote Reply
Uh, I highly disagree. Your question is about a SPECIFIC modification for Links 2.0, and thus should be posted in the Links 2.0 Customization Forum.

READ the forum descriptions more carefully.

In Reply To:

Links 2.0 Customization Forum
Forum to discuss how to create new add on's for Links 2.0.

bye!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Eliot,

As I said already, JUST because I mentioned "search.cgi" and that makes you right (and I clearly said in my last post that you are right). And I said you can take that as a simple parse question. (And you know, the script that I have question on is in the Resourses of this site. And it is in the "Other Scripts" section, not "Links 2.0".)

Secondly, as I said also, all I want is help, NOT complaining this and that. I really have no interest at that. I guess you misunderstood anything I said.