Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

How to Deploy Executable...

Quote Reply
How to Deploy Executable...
I have made my perl scripts executable(perl2exe) but I can not run them on mahcines that do not have Perl installed. How can I get them to work w/o having to have perl installed on every machine I want to run my scripts on?
Quote Reply
Re: [perl_boy] How to Deploy Executable... In reply to
http://search.cpan.org/...S/PAR-0.73/script/pp
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] How to Deploy Executable... In reply to
Thanks Stealth but I am not using a Unix environment. Let me give a little more info on what I am doing.
I am using Active State Perl on a Windows ME OS and I can run my scripts on my machhine w/o problem. I have to give these scripts to other people to use on their machine so I use perl2exe to convert the perl scripts to executable. In order fo rmy scripts to work on the other mahcines I have to get Perl installed. Is there a way I can deploy the exe to the other machines so that they work w/o having to install perl?

Last edited by:

perl_boy: Aug 21, 2003, 8:07 AM
Quote Reply
I very much doubt it...because it is Perl that interprets the .exe, and produces the output.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
The Perl Packager does work in Windows Servers.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] How to Deploy Executable... In reply to
Yeah, but only if you have Perl installed on the computer you are trying to run it on? It can't compile Perl into the .exe every time you create a Perl script? Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How to Deploy Executable... In reply to
I have seen .exe work before with a .bat file on a Win ME machine that didn't have perl installed on the machine. You would place the script in a folder with its .bat file. Place the files you want processed in the same folder then run the exe. That is what I am looking for. I do not know how to do that but the idea is the same.
Post deleted by perl_boy In reply to