Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

The best webmail software ????

Quote Reply
The best webmail software ????
Our company is looking for webmail sofware, which supports multiple domains, allows for users-administrators to manage mailboxes in their domains, provides web interface to work with mailbox for simple users, supports IMAP, SMTP and so on. And must be easy redesigned.

Of course for affordable price Smile (300-800$)

The best which we founded is SurgeMail (http://netwinsite.com)

Thanks for your attention.

Quote Reply
Re: [Vileika] The best webmail software ???? In reply to
Well, I believe you're looking for two things here. The best *WebMail* software I've found is the PHP based SquirrelMail available at SourceForge.

If you want to administer mailboxes and accounts, then you're looking at something entirely different which I have no recommendations for. I still haven't found a web based system management system that fullfills my needs, so I tend to find it faster just to loginto the box and issue a few commands or even use a GUI on the box itself.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] The best webmail software ???? In reply to
Thanks for the information.

About the administrating - we need so called 2-tier administration, because we will let our users to have their administrator, which will create, delete mailboxes, users and so on, we will give him some amount of space and different rigths. This tier must have nice web interface. Simple users will access their mailboxes with webmail software. 1-tier administrating - creating domains, asigned needed space - can be not implemented.

I hope, I described our needs. And I will check the sofware, which You recomend.

Last edited by:

Vileika: Oct 14, 2002, 4:28 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Vileika] The best webmail software ???? In reply to
Hi,

Just bumped into this thread and can point you to the following for web-based email, which might meet your needs. I just found this company last week as I'm looking for a web mail solution for a project.

http://www.WebBasedEmail.com/

If anyone has feedback on this company and product, please let me know.

David

Last edited by:

Alex: Jul 3, 2003, 2:08 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [davenet] The best webmail software ???? In reply to
Or look at Gossamer Mail Tongue