Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Strange 403 in errors in my logs generated from Parked Domain Company pages but...

Quote Reply
Strange 403 in errors in my logs generated from Parked Domain Company pages but...
Hello All,

For a while now I have been noticing A LOT of 403 messages for forbidden images for several url's that mostly turn out to be parked pages on sites like Sedo, HugeDomains and other domain parking company pages. I am not sure why they are generating a 403 message in my logs - when I visit those pages I don't see anything related to my website on those pages (no links or search results or images on those pages).

For example the log shows entries like this:

403 FORBIDDEN|76.199.168.228|Apr XXXXX 2010|/images/image.gif|http://domain.com/index.php
403 FORBIDDEN|66.244.66.130|Apr XXXXX 2010|/images/image.gif|http://domain.com/index.php

So, when I go to those webpages eg. domain.com/index.php to see if they are linking to my images, I see parked page. They display PPC results and I don't buy any PPC results for my website nor do I see any organic search results on those pages for my website.

I ignored these until now and some of them would be from people who copied links and put on their websites and hence generating 403 messages for forbidden image links but now there are a lot of these errors in my logs are being generated from PARKED DOMAIN pages.

Also, on some domains when I enter the URL in my browser I get the parked pages but for a lot when I enter the URL, I get the domain parking companies home page.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Strange 403 in errors in my logs generated from Parked Domain Company pages but... In reply to
Probably just scammers sending fake traffic your way (they know people check their logs - mostly through scripts, so its in a vain attempt to trick you to going to their site)

I get it all the time (bit of a PITA to be honest - but you tend to just ignore them :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Strange 403 in errors in my logs generated from Parked Domain Company pages but... In reply to
Thanks, Andy.