Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

slow scroll and rollovers in netscape 6.2

Quote Reply
slow scroll and rollovers in netscape 6.2
Hi there.

I just checked out out my site on Netscape 6.2 (PC) and for some reason it is super unbelievably slow and clunky at scrolling up and down or doing image rollovers. This is not a problem in IE or with Netscape on a Mac. However, I've tried two different PCs with Netscape 6.2 and the problem existed on both.

Would any design pros out there be willing to take a look and give me some idea why this might be happening and what I can do to fix it?

http://www.fracturedatlas.org is the site.

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [adamuforestasan] slow scroll and rollovers in netscape 6.2 In reply to
If it helps any, it seems fine in Mozilla 1.0 linux too.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] slow scroll and rollovers in netscape 6.2 In reply to
Thanks! That's not one I had the ability to test with...

Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [adamuforestasan] slow scroll and rollovers in netscape 6.2 In reply to
It's happening on my machine as well. Running XP and P4 1.8GHz. However, my website has some rollover images as well and they seem to load fine.

You can check it out at:
http://www.vampirovibrio.com/~vampiro/main.shtml
Julian
Quote Reply
Re: [vampy] slow scroll and rollovers in netscape 6.2 In reply to
*cough* what do you expect from the company that brings you AOL? *cough* Angelic
Quote Reply
Re: [oldmoney] slow scroll and rollovers in netscape 6.2 In reply to
Anyone seen Juno/NetZero's most recent television ad compaign?

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] slow scroll and rollovers in netscape 6.2 In reply to
If anyone's having similar issues, I finally figured out what was causing these problems.

Oddly enough, it seems the chunky scrolling was due to my use of a background image for the page. Since many of my pages are very tall, I had a 1 x 3000 gif that tiled horizontally set as the background image. For some reason (no idea why) Netscape 6.2 and Mozilla 1.1 both got all screwy when scrolling the page. When the background image was removed (replaced by background images in table cells), the scrolling was fine. Go figure.

Still not sure about the slow rollovers, but I know it was related to my use of Adobe Imageready rollover code. I rewrote the javascript and it's working fine now.