Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Image showing border all the time :|

Quote Reply
Image showing border all the time :|
Hi guys/gals. Has anyone got any idea as to why the following code;

<input border="0" src="http://www.book-buying.co.uk/images/button_go.gif" name="I1" type="image" width="42" height="25">

... shows up a border on the "Go" button Unsure

I've been trying to figure this out for several hours now... and it is REALLY getting on my nerves :'(

You can see it here: http://www.book-buying.co.uk/

TIA for any help :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Image showing border all the time :| In reply to
Hi,

Nothing wrong with the code. It's in the css. In your

http://www.book-buying.co.uk/images/style.css

you have

input {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: xx-small;
border: 1px solid #333333;
}

Could this be the reasons.
Just try and see if it works. That's the only possible thing i could figure out

From long Term maint issues, Also why not pack everything up in your style.css as page source has too many places having the styles defined. Just a suggestion if the above is the reason for that painful borderSmile

HyTC

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Dec 17, 2004, 5:06 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Image showing border all the time :| In reply to
YOU ARE A STAR! I've been staring at that code for absolutly ages! Fixed it first time Smile

I'm still developing the site, so there are quite a few more template changes to make (the links don't really go anywhere, and the buttons are all just dummy links). Its getting there Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
GT is coming up with all CSS version templates so just taking my first lessons in CSS though not to sure how long would i be able to finish the course if at all. If i don't probably i would be a veteran within months of CSS Version Release of GT Products :D:D

Glad that it worked.

HyTC

Thanks
HyTC
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Image showing border all the time :| In reply to
Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm working on my XHTML and CSS skills now ... getting there .. slowly but surely Unimpressed

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
CSS has been my nemesis.

For everything CSS fixes, it breaks something else.

Kinda like the old nursery rhyme about the old lady who swallowed a fly (then she had to swallow a spider to catch the fly, and something else to catch the spider, and something else to catch that.)

It's the same with CSS - a class for borders, a class to undo the borders, a class to undo the undo, etc.

Last edited by:

Watts: Dec 21, 2004, 4:38 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Image showing border all the time :| In reply to
Yeah.. I kinda noticed (just like vBulletin ... which breaks all the time, especially with their bad template system). My aim this Xmas hols (if you can call them that =)) is to learn XHTML and CSS. I've just brought a book, which is really good at explaining it all in a "non-techie" way, whilst still showing you the more powerful features Smile

Anyway.. back to work now <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
A css editor may save you some brain ache.
I'm using Top Style which isn't bad. The only reason i'm using it is that it came free as a promo giveaway on a pc mag disk.
There are a lot of others out there. A google search will give you a good list and there are a few free ones.
Maybe some one has a favorite.

Bob
http://totallyfreeads.com.au
Quote Reply
Re: [lanerj] Image showing border all the time :| In reply to
Thanks for the suggestion, but sometimes its better to do it by hand Smile

I went through a stage of using all these editors (Dreamweaver, PHPEd, and several others) ... but in most cases, its just as quick/easy to write it manually, so you can do what you want, without having to learn another program <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
TopStyle is not bad... It helps me when I can't remember syntax (was that "font-size" or just "size"?), etc. Of course a good reference chart will do the same. Believe or not, XML for Dummies is where I learned CSS (even though the book is for XML).