Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Building conditional forms

Quote Reply
Building conditional forms
I've been out for a little while, and I've forgotten everything there is to know about forms...although not much to forget so don't feel to bad for me Crazy

I'm trying to get a form script to do the following without much luck:

A person visits the website and begins to fill out an mortgage application. They hit "next page" which either directs them to formA or else FormB depending on what they entered in the previous form field. The continue to fill out the form which is very long so it would be broken down into several different pages, ie a multipart form. Once they are completed, they click "submit" and are taken to a finished page.

At this point, the results of the form are sent to me and a copy to them in a nicely formatted method. Based on criteria that was entered in the form, a list of hyperlinks would appear that they can click on that will allow them to print out additional blank forms I'll have made in a pop-up window. For example:

The person entered $55,000 for his salary. At the end, in his additional requirements List, he has a hyperlink to a blank, preformatted .html page that he can click on which will allow him to print that page and bring it to us personally. If the amount entered was only $10,000 then the hyperlink wouldn't appear at all. Throughout the whole form, there's probably about 15 fields like this that may or may not need to have a hyperlink to another page listed at the end under Additional Requirements.

I've been playing with several scripts from cgi-resources such as Soupermail and AlienForms, but I can't get it to do what I need. Does anyone know of another script, program, or method I could try to get this together?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Steve

Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] Building conditional forms In reply to
Where are you located?

I've done something similar (but not with the "links") using dbman.

What software do you use? Genesis, Point, Byte, etc.

My application asks upfront questions (number of Borrowers, type of loan, etc) and then returns only the fields required. It spans multiple pages, lets the borrower come back and finish the application at a later time. Once done it emails me a completed 1003, and a data file in Fannie Mae 3.0 format that can be imported into most LO software.

While I certainly can't "share" the modifications (meaning the whole script) with you, I can help give you some advice.

Last edited by:

Watts: May 3, 2002, 1:46 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Fannie Mae In reply to
I was pleased to come across your post regading 1003 file in Fannie Mae 3.0 format, I use point and would like to get a data file from my site which is based on SQL 2000. Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

>Once done it emails me a completed 1003, and a data file in Fannie Mae 3.0 format that can >be imported into most LO software.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Building conditional forms In reply to
Hello Watts,

I've started working on another project much like the one discussed previously here and was hoping to gain a little insight into your creativity. I have a client who asked me to find a way to combine all of the data submitted on the 1003 to process through Links and then have an export feature so loan officers can import this into Calyx Point. I've setup the multipart form to interact with Links ok, and it does great up to now. I'm a little stumped as to how to start the export feature however.

Any information you can give would certainly be appreciated!

Steve
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] Building conditional forms In reply to
I have mine set up to write the data (from the form) to a text file and then email that attachment. The person on the receiving end has to import the data. I've done it with Byte and Genesis and several other LOS's but not with Point. The fannie mae format is a space delimited file (yuck!) and can be imported in to most programs, however Point may have a more user friendly import selection such as tab delimited or comma delimited.

The fannie mae format is part of MorenetPlus and can be obtained from www.efanniemae.com they basically have it broken down by lines and then the number of spaces in each field.

If you can import a format other than the space delimited - do it.

Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Building conditional forms In reply to
Hey watts i like to get a hold of your script. I am running point calyx and want to integrate a script that will work with the website. I need a script that will take all the borrowers information and show the LTV and CLTV. I was thinking about just taking the application in a multi form then having it submitted manually. Please email me asap bcoggin@housemartloans.com
Thanks
Brian