Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Trillian - Single Instant Messaging Tool for AOL, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo

Quote Reply
Trillian - Single Instant Messaging Tool for AOL, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo
Hi All

Just thought I'd let you know of an Instant Messaging tool that allows you to communicate with all of the major IM providers - AOL, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, IRC

It's called Trillian, and it's available at:

http://www.Trillian.cc

I just got it. So, I can't say for sure how good it is, but it looks nice so far.

Enjoy! Smile Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Trillian - Single Instant Messaging Tool for AOL, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo In reply to
I bet you'll hear from Andy pretty soon about this,....Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Trillian - Single Instant Messaging Tool for AOL, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo In reply to
Huh Paul?

I got it a while back...it wasn't too bad....but I found that AOL IM didn't log in correctly a lot of the time. The GUI is nice...and vERY easy to use. It also doesn't gobble up memory like MSN Messenger does Wink

Anyway...overall, its a good program...but sometimes it can be a bit tempermental...which is why I went back to MSN Messenger for a while, until they made a more 'stable' version of it Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Trillian - Single Instant Messaging Tool for AOL, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo In reply to
MSN gobble up memory?....it uses about 4MB

>>Huh Paul?<<

I said you'd probably reply soon seeing as you use Trillian, which you did.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Trillian - Single Instant Messaging Tool for AOL, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo In reply to
MSN gobbles up about 64mb of RAM on my computer...I have to use a thing called RAM Idle to free up the un-used RAM it uses :(

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Trillian - Single Instant Messaging Tool for AOL, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo In reply to
I prefer GAIM when I'm using Linux. Otherwise, in Windows I just run the full programs since I don't seem to have the memory problems some are having.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [sponge] Trillian - Single Instant Messaging Tool for AOL, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo In reply to
I use Trillian as well... MSN apparently changed something a month or so back that caused Trillian to show you offline even when you weren't, but they since hotfixed that.
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Trillian - Single Instant Messaging Tool for AOL, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo In reply to
Hmmm I just installed it to test and decided I didn't like it....the uninstaller took under a second to finish....that worries me. It seems it leaves quite a lot of files....I hope they aren't spyware.
Quote Reply
Trillian saves me alot of ram, since i always run aim, icq, and msn, but right now i only run trillian:)
Quote Reply
Yeah, I don't know about the spyware thing. I'm always concerned about that, too. I have Norton Firewall installed and always running, and, so far, nothing about Trillian. Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Yeah! I saw this is in PC Magazine and had to check it out. So far I've been pretty pleased with Trillian.

Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [rock_solid] Trillian - Single Instant Messaging Tool for AOL, ICQ, IRC, MSN, Yahoo In reply to
memory problems?

gee, I use Fire then later next month will be a built in system version ... yahoo!!!

jaguar is gonna kick but.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile