Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

I need instructions on how to install to Windows 2003

Quote Reply
I need instructions on how to install to Windows 2003
I need instructions on how to install to Windows 2003...

Detailed if possible...

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [DamnConfused] I need instructions on how to install to Windows 2003 In reply to
Read the instructions.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Aug 5, 2003, 4:31 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] I need instructions on how to install to Windows 2003 In reply to
That's a dum ass answer. If I had the instructions, I would read them. That's the whole point of my request.

If you can't offer anything useful, don't post...
Quote Reply
Re: [DamnConfused] I need instructions on how to install to Windows 2003 In reply to
Yeah it's real bright asking for help with installing your pirated software...on a software developer's web site.
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] I need instructions on how to install to Windows 2003 In reply to
It's a 30 day trial... If you know the sight so well, then you should have known that..

Once again your posting is worthless...

Think before you type...
Quote Reply
My sight is great, 20-10 in fact.

You might want to check the Microsoft web site if you're just using a 30 day trial. Surely you could find something there that would help. And if not, maybe it's not worth your time.

I seriously doubt somebody is going to waste their time doing your work for you.
Quote Reply
I own Server 2003... I'm trying to install the Gossamer Foram software.. Note that my subject states that I want to install it to Windows 2003.

Get a grip loser...
Quote Reply
Ah, well there's your problem. "It" could be anything. If you want Gossamer Forum support, post in the Products: Gossamer Forums: Discussion forum, rather than in the General: Internet Technologies forum.

Somebody will be happy to assist you there.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Aug 5, 2003, 8:36 PM
Quote Reply
As AAF says, it can be anything - especially when you post in the wrong forum. We are not mind readers, but we are happy and willing to help if you submit more detailed posts, and post in the correct forum. Being abusive to other forum members (especially longstanding and helpful members like AAF) will not further your quest to get help. And it's in violation of the forum guidelines. If you repost in the correct forum, I'm sure someone will help you. Have a great one!

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Get a grip loser...

You arn't going to get much help from people if you talk to us like that Mad

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I did post this in the forum section.. The moderators moved it... Check for yourself...

See Home: Products: Gossamer Forum: Discussion...

It says "Moved"

Last edited by:

DamnConfused: Aug 6, 2003, 7:58 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] I need instructions on how to install to Windows 2003 In reply to
I did post this in the forum section.. The moderators moved it... Check for yourself...

See Home: Products: Gossamer Forum: Discussion...

It says "Moved"
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] I need instructions on how to install to Windows 2003 In reply to
You're right and I'm sorry....

Maybe he should have read my subject heading more closely instead of assuming that I was using pirated software..

What good is this sight if the smarter ones can't or won't help the newbies because they are too arrogant and snide with thier remarks...

Last edited by:

DamnConfused: Aug 6, 2003, 8:03 AM
Quote Reply
If you want help, it's up to you to make your post as clear as possible. What do you want help installing, what are you having problems with, etc., etc., etc.

Nobody can read your mind, so it's not surprising that a moderator moved your post. They had no idea what you were talking about either.

Move on, and spend a little extra time composing your next message.
Quote Reply
I need help getting it running on a Windows 2003 Server (ThatI own).

I have no instructions on installing the Forum Software to the Win2003 Server.

I can't get IIS to run CGI scripts...

Can anyone help me!

By the way, I am sorry to have offended you... Please forgive me...

Last edited by:

DamnConfused: Aug 6, 2003, 8:30 AM
Quote Reply
If the issue is not being able to run cgi scripts then you need to read the IIS documentation.
Quote Reply
No problem, there are plenty of people who will be more than happy to help you.

I'd suggest a new, detailed post in the Gossamer Forums Discussion section. If other users can't assist you, the Gossamer staff will give it a shot.

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Ahh, right you are. The post (albeit a tad unclear) should not have been moved. I understand it now in context of the forum that it was originally posted in. And I agree that it was jumping the gun to suggest that you were using pirated software - although understandable in terms of how the posting was progressing. Can a moderator move this thread back - if necessary, edit the original post to make it more clear - and maybe delete the responses so we can get past this so the original poster can get some answers.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Hi,

I think I had moved it as I thought you were asking on how to install Windows 2003. =)

To install Gossamer Forum, you need to first check to make sure you can run perl CGI scripts on IIS. To do this, go to:

http://www.activestate.com/...d.plex?id=ActivePerl

and get perl 5.6.1 and install it. Once installed, make sure IIS is configured to run .cgi scripts with perl. See:

http://aspn.activestate.com/...ivePerl-Winfaq6.html

for more help on that. Finally, now that you can run perl scripts, run install.cgi to install and setup Gossamer Forum.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] I need instructions on how to install to Windows 2003 In reply to
Thanks for the response, I'll give it a try...Smile