Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

e-mail piping on Suse

Quote Reply
e-mail piping on Suse
Hi there,

I am trying to pipe an e-mail to a CGI script by editing the etc/aliases file. I am adding the following to the file

support: "|/pathtoprogram/email.cgi"

After that I am executing the command newaliases, so that it reflects in the aliases.db. However, after some time the modification that I have made in aliases disappeared. David Copperfield or what?

Cheers for input.

Stuart
Quote Reply
Re: [vacationrentals] e-mail piping on Suse In reply to
Do you have a built in system admin panel? I did this before on CPanel (not sure which version). Basically, I just set it up as a forward;

emailadd => | perl /full/path/to/script.cgi

Havn't done this in a while... so I can't actually remember if you need the "perl" bit.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] e-mail piping on Suse In reply to
Hi Andy,

thnaks again for your reply. I am on an interface called confixx. If I add anything else then an email address as a forwarder, the program tells me that the email address is invalid and rejects.
Did you ever try to modify the aliases file manually?

Stuart
Quote Reply
Re: [vacationrentals] e-mail piping on Suse In reply to
Mmm.. that sucks :/

Quote:
Did you ever try to modify the aliases file manually?

Afraid not. I try to do as much in the CP as possible... less chance of anything getting broken =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] e-mail piping on Suse In reply to
I have it sorted now, so that the emails to a certain mail address get piped to the cgi script.
However, I am getting the following bounced e-mail:

<root@xyz.serverkompetenz.net>: Command died with status 1:
"/srv/www/htdocs/web1/html/cgi-bin/perlbill/include/lib/email.cgi"

I am using sendmail on Suse. The script that I am forwarding the mails to is attached.

Stuart