Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

PHP: UNLINK/Cron

Quote Reply
PHP: UNLINK/Cron
Hi all,

I have an issue pertaining to running a PHP script via Cron. The script has run fine up until a couple weeks ago. I notice that the reason that the script has not been totally working is that the temp email files were not being deleted when running via Cron. When I run the script via the browser, the script runs, including the deletion of the temp email files (using them for HTML dynamically formatted mass email messages).

Anyway, I was using the following codes:

Code:
unlink("../includes/templates/emails/files/" . $my_check_file_name);

which worked fine via the browser. But didn't delete the files when execuited via Cron.

So, I changed the codes to the following:

Code:
unlink($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/includes/templates/emails/files/" . $my_check_file_name);

Still works via the browser, but wanting to confirm whether this will work via Cron, just looking for confirmation rather than testing it via Cron, which is more time consuming. ;)

Thanks in advance.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] PHP: UNLINK/Cron In reply to
Yeah, that should work. You could also probably get around it with

Code:
chdir($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']);

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] PHP: UNLINK/Cron In reply to
Thanks, Andy...have to wait a week to see if it works...of course, I could test it by updating the Crontab to a closer time period, but this particular mass email is sent out once a week.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] PHP: UNLINK/Cron In reply to
Never thought I would see the day when I'm giving you advice on coding Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!