Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

McAfee Warning....

Quote Reply
McAfee Warning....
For those using McAfee products (Security Center - AV, Personal Firewall, etc.), be careful with installing the new upgrade. It basically screwed up my access to Port 110 (for POP3). I tried disabling the Email Virus check option in the Virus Scan product, but no go, I had to restore my system to yesterday's image to get my POP3 clients to work again. Mad
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] McAfee Warning.... In reply to
Lame. Not exactly what you need with all these new viruses floating around Frown

Do you know if it was anything to do with an existing virus you had on your machine?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] McAfee Warning.... In reply to
Andy,

Hello.

I had no virus (or worm for that matter) in my computer...Run AV every morning and also have my Personal Firewall configured with "Tight" security and run MailWasher Pro Anti-Spam program before accessing my email ...it was related to the McAfee upgrade, which Network Associates stated that they've fixed the upgrade package that was initially released on August 6, 2003 (that caused 1,000's of customers worldwide to lose Internet connection)...but looks like they have not fixed the problem yet. ;)
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
My McAfee update worked fine. I literally just did it. I lost my LAN connection, but after a re-boot, it all worked fine.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] McAfee Warning.... In reply to
Welp, that didn't happen for me....After re-boot, I lost access to Port 110, I could not receive any emails....so, after reverting back to an earlier image of my computer, I was able to receive emails again.

Just letting others know that the McAfee upgrade doesn't seem to work for everyone.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
When I orignally installed McAfee, it screwed something up in my startup file. For some reason it did 2 checks when it started up, and then froze.The only way to get out of it was by pressing Ctrl + X.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk