Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Ensim Add Subdomain Command Line

Quote Reply
Ensim Add Subdomain Command Line
Anyone know the Ensim command line for adding subdomains? I found this:

/usr/lib/opcenter/subdomain/AddSubDomain -d domain.com -c document_root,/home/sub/public_html -c owner,sub -c user_subdomain,1 sub

I tried this on the server, but command not found. Had a look in opcenter, and no subdomain... But, there is option in Ensim control panel (CP) to add subdomains. The above is from post on Ensim site dating back to 2004. The server is running Ensim Pro 4.1.0-8.rhel.4ES. So, I'm guessing I have to look elsewhere, but where?

BTW, reason for this is to add 5000 subdomains. Doing via Ensim CP would take forever. So, I was going to do via SecureCRT using ActiveX script to automate the process. But, I need 'add subdomain' command line.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Ensim Add Subdomain Command Line In reply to
Hi,

Mmm. normally, when passing in paramaters with -x method, you don't need the spaces.

i.e:

/usr/lib/opcenter/subdomain/AddSubDomain -ddomain.com -cdocument_root,/home/sub/public_html -cowner,sub -cuser_subdomain,1 sub

Not sure if it will work though.

Do you not get any confirmation message?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Ensim Add Subdomain Command Line In reply to
Thanks, but get error message that AddSubDomain does not exist. So, must be new way to add subdomains via command line as can be done via Ensim control panel.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Mmm..ok. Have you tried posting here?

http://forum.ensim.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
First place I checked =) One needs to register first. Tried twice, but no registration email received to either email address I provided in both attempts to signup. I may try to see if I can contact one of the moderators.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm.. see what you mean (I just tried it too). I've sent them an email, and will see what they say (prob won't even get a reply Unsure)

You can still search though as a non-member can't you? (I did)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Out of interest - what happens in "root" (su if needed), when you trpe:

service subdomain restart

Does it give you some details of rebooting stuff? It may be you need to do something like this for some help:

subdomain --help

Worth a try Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
still search though as a non-member can't you? Out of interest - what happens in "root" (su if needed), when you trpe:

service subdomain restart

Does it give you some details of rebooting stuff? It may be you need to do something like this for some help:

subdomain --help

Worth a try Smile

Cheers

I did forum search, that's how I came up with command line that didn't work. Post was from 2005, and must be different now.

subdomain command not recoginized. But this much I knew. Tried with AddSubdomain (and even addsubdomain), but no luck. Command not recoginzed. With newer version(s) of Ensim, add subdomain command is different.

I cannot believe that Ensim only allows you to add subdomains one at a time. Was Ensim written on Commodore 64. Are they too busy playing Atari to respond to support =)

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln