Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Dynamic PDF Within IFrame

Quote Reply
Dynamic PDF Within IFrame
I am creating a dynamic PDF using data from an SQL database, creating a FDF file and sending it to the browser. That works find.

My trouble comes when I try to put that content within an <IFRAME> tag. Instead of displaying within the IFrame, it fills the entire browser window.

Has anyone had any luck filling an IFrame with dynamic pdf content? If I use a static .pdf page it works fine, but using FDF, it does not.

My content head that I am using is: header("Content-type: application/vnd.fdf")

Looking forward to your input!
Quote Reply
Re: [Lee] Dynamic PDF Within IFrame In reply to
Obvious question: Are you using width=xx height=xx ?

It sounds stupid to ask... but I've learned that a lot of the time, it is these simple things :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Dynamic PDF Within IFrame In reply to
Believe me, I am all too familiar with the "stupid things"! However, in this case, yes, I do have the width and height specified. And like I said earlier, if I just point to the plain .pdf form, it appears in the IFrame just fine; but when I try to populate that .pdf with data it fills the entire browser.

Thanks again thought for the input. All suggestions are appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: [Lee] Dynamic PDF Within IFrame In reply to
Hi,

Just came across this thread. Would you mind sharing how you write the PDF files?

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!