Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Drive Image Software

Quote Reply
Drive Image Software
Hi,
I currently use Handy Back Up for my data back up but want to do a full system back up for re-installing my OS and configuration.
Does anyone have any advice as to which is better -
Norton Ghost
or
R-Drive Image

Thank you.
Simon.
Quote Reply
Re: [jai] Drive Image Software In reply to
Hi,

no idea but maybe you like http://www.acronis.com/ used it some time ago.

Regards
Quote Reply
Re: [jai] Drive Image Software In reply to
Hi,
I have used R-Studio (actually used the FAT version) and it was pretty impressive and getting data back. This is the same company that produces Drive-Image. So without having used their drive image software I can say one of there other products is very good. (Also FileScavanger for RAID disks like R-Studio worked perfectly and BadCopyPro for a compact Flash card crash)

Another bit of useless information I used BackupNow to do a backup but I've never needed to use the data I backed up. I used Ghost to do a backup and because the image I wanted to restore was to a hard drive that was a different size the backup was basically useless to me, but hey that was my fault here to a certain extent. Although Norton never told me I had to buy disks of the same size so that when one crashed and even if the partition I saved was smaller than the new disk it won't accept it...

One thing you may want to look at is whether the product can specifically back-up system drives with all the hidden data etc. which I'm guessing you want to do otherwise you could just use Nero...

John
Significant Media